User tags/Tag Cloud?

OverHere

I don't see any User Tags nor Tag Clouds on this website - so am i correct to assume that tags are not a part of the current xF script? Isn't this a drawback? Or, is their something in place here which makes up for the xF script not having user tags/tag clouds etc.?

Thanks.

Thanks. Also, is their any xF mod which shows which search engines, or which spiders etc., are crawling an xF site?

I mean something similar to what you see in the photo here, like what you see next to 'Spiders', and in the 'Total guests that have visited in the last 24 hours' bit - something which separates and shows spiders from guests and members?

Regards.

Attachments

• spiders.webp
    spiders.webp
    93.6 KB · Views: 12
Thanks. Also, is their any xF mod which shows which search engines, or which spiders etc., are crawling an xF site?

I mean something similar to what you see in the photo here, like what you see next to 'Spiders', and in the 'Total guests that have visited in the last 24 hours' bit - something which separates and shows spiders from guests and members?

Regards.

Hi,

1. Can someone respond to this? Or is my, this specific point/issue unheard of here!

2. When you add a new avatar it says: '
It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels.' - But how will one know what photo format is acceptable? It doesn't say here? I tried adding a .bmp format pic but it didn't work?​

3. And, is gravatar a part of the default xF script?

Thanks.

Tags are not part of the core features of XenForo though it has been suggested many times.

Is it a drawback? Not especially. I'm involved in a few forums and none of them need or use tags so their importance is pretty much open to interpretation.

That being said, there's an excellent Tags add-on you can download for free, here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/tinhte-xentag.770/

In your attached screenshot you can see the option 'Notification Center' - is this a part of the default xF script or is this an add-on?

Thanks.

Attachments

• NC.webp
    NC.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 11
A general rule would be that if you don't see that option in the dropdown at this site (or at the demo), it is not part of the default XF software.

So yes, this is an add-on.

Thanks for this, and what about this bit > "2. When you add a new avatar it says: '
It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels.' - But how will one know what photo format is acceptable? It doesn't say here? I tried adding a .bmp format pic but it didn't work?"
Regards.

Thanks for this, and what about this bit > "2. When you add a new avatar it says: '
It is recommended that you use an image that is at least 200x200 pixels.' - But how will one know what photo format is acceptable? It doesn't say here? I tried adding a .bmp format pic but it didn't work?"
Regards.
.bmp isn't part of the default allowed attachment file extensions, which is probably why it won't have worked.

.bmp isn't part of the default allowed attachment file extensions, which is probably why it won't have worked.

Thats what I mean - it should state that there, so members know what formmat the photo file should be in? xF should sort this out - xF needs to put a notice there stating what files are and are not acceptable...

Regards.

Thats what I mean - it should state that there, so members know what formmat the photo file should be in? xF should sort this out - xF needs to put a notice there stating what files are and are not acceptable...

Regards.
Actually, it already does (only just found this myself!)

There is a tooltip on the Choose File button when you change your avatar that tells you what valid file types are accepted
supported_formats.webp

Regards.

Any one to respond to this?

Here at http://xenforo.com/community/online/ you see Current Visitors. Is there any mod to show the current Guests & Member's IP address so as to know where people are visiting from?
Well, an IP address will not show you that... but if you have the permissions setting for it, it DOES show you an IP hyperlink from the current visitors tab.
To see where the visitors are actually (normally) from can be done by DigitalPoints usermap.

Thanks, so, if you click the IP hyperlink what does it show?

And when you say 'permissions', do you mean thr IP hyperlink is built into the xF script?

Do you know where I can see this in action?

Regards

thanks for this, but, on my website, i dont see the IP bit shown in your photo in my 'Current Visitors' - so, is this something that has to be activated in site admin?

Top Bottom