Fixed @ user tagging

hmmm I saw this thread before, but don't remember anything about Tagging. Anways, thanks :) it looks nice. I guess everyone would just tag you now :p lol
------
well, let me try something: I just quoted your post that means you are gonna get an alert for this, what about if I tag @Brogan in the same post. Are you gonna get two alerts for same post ?

No, they'll only get a single alert (or that's how its happened with me... but I haven't gotten alerts for tags it seems...).

No, they'll only get a single alert (or that's how its happened with me... but I haven't gotten alerts for tags it seems...).

how can someone tag you, you have a space in your username and when I click on your username from a dropdown list. Nothing happens... :/

Yeah and I'm doing that now, but that's just a display issue -- the initial post talked about an inability to tag those users. (I'm not meaning to harp on about an issue, but accurate bug reports help everyone.)

Sorry about that @Mike. When I first made my post I was under the impression that tagging with special characters wasn't working at all. I'll try to be more accurate with my findings in the future :)

@Mike this problem still appears to exist. If you tag my name and then wait the 60 seconds for the editor to auto save, my name will appear with a thumbs down emotion in it.

That's unfixable and not really related to the initial report as the tagging can only be done when the post is submitted.

is it possible to see or know what options are we going to get for user tagging or how much control is there over this feature ?
Can we limit how many users to tag per post ?
Can we control who can tag or who can be tagged ?
Can we tag usergroup ?
etc.

Thanks

is it possible to see or know what options are we going to get for user tagging or how much control is there over this feature ?
Can we limit how many users to tag per post ?
Can we control who can tag or who can be tagged ?
Can we tag usergroup ?
etc.

Thanks

This is the wrong place to ask, but:
@User tagging
While not directly related to the editor change, this is probably the best time to mention it. You can use @Mike style syntax to tag users in a post:
ss-2013-05-17_12-39-42-png.46347

Tagged users will receive an alert when they're tagged.

You can obviously turn off tag alerts, but as an admin, you can also limit the maximum users that can be tagged per message as a permission. (So you could disable it for registered members and only allow premium members to tag, for example.)
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/a-new-editor-and-much-much-more.50519/

Top Bottom