1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed @ user tagging

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by (n)ickolas, Jun 3, 2013.

1. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

For some reason I am unable to tag users with special characters, like mine for example. Here is what happens if you try to tag my name in a post @(n)ickolas

2. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

3. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Confirmed. ;)

It's because of a conflict with smiley codes. ( n ) is the thumbs down smiley, ( y ) is the thumbs up smiley. Perhaps they can change this to a new code (and do the search and replace in the database).

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I can see the tagging happened in both of those cases -- assuming they didn't manually type in the user BB code -- so it appears fine, though obviously the smiley is a bit weird.

Did you not get the alert? (You can't tag yourself and get an alert).

5. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Yeah I wonder if he got the alert from it anyway...

Seems just like a simple issue with the thumbs down smiley code being used...

6. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

It appears that the "Thumbs Down" emotion uses (n) which is also contained in my name, resulting in the emotion to appear in my name.

7. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

Yes, I am still receiving alerts.

8. Mike

Yeah, but that's independent @(n)ickolas . I need to know whether you got the alert from this. :)

9. (n)ickolas

(n)ickolas Member

Yes I am.

10. James

James Well-Known Member

Could you not prevent smilie parsing in the event of a username match after the @?

(n)ickolas likes this.
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

With @James, the tagging feature should disable BBCod/smilie parsing of children

12. Mike

Yeah and I'm doing that now, but that's just a display issue -- the initial post talked about an inability to tag those users. (I'm not meaning to harp on about an issue, but accurate bug reports help everyone.)

Reeve of Shinra, James and Jeremy like this.
  13. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

this might be stupid, but is tagging system now a part of XF or are they using a plugin from RM ?

14. principia

principia Well-Known Member

this is core at 1.2

tafreehm likes this.
  15. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

It's part of XenForo.

tafreehm likes this.
  16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

17. tafreehm

18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

19. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@tafreehm : If you ever see it here (excluding the footer) its core and/or an official product.

20. tafreehm

hmmm I saw this thread before, but don't remember anything about Tagging. Anways, thanks :) it looks nice. I guess everyone would just tag you now :p lol
    ------
    well, let me try something: I just quoted your post that means you are gonna get an alert for this, what about if I tag @Brogan in the same post. Are you gonna get two alerts for same post ?