XF 1.1 User Status Problem !

tafreehm

Hello,
From last few days, actually after upgraded to 1.1.3 few of my users are reporting an issue. Which is when they try to put something on their profile as status it gets randomly posted on someone's else profile as a visitor message.
however, I was unable to reproduce that myself, but user are constantly reporting this error. They have also mentioned that it does not happen all the time nor any specific time. There is no pattern to follow in order to reproduce it.
It could be one of the plugin that I might be using. or it could be something in core product code.
Can someone help me troubleshoot this please ?
Regards,

Maybe user_id collisions in the database? That shouldn't be possible if the schema is intact. But I think user error is more likely, especially since you can't reproduce the problem yourself. Maybe they are mistakenly submitting messages to the wrong profile. The first step is to reproduce the problem.

Maybe user_id collisions in the database? That shouldn't be possible if the schema is intact. But I think user error is more likely, especially since you can't reproduce the problem yourself. Maybe they are mistakenly submitting messages to the wrong profile. The first step is to reproduce the problem.
I thought of that too.. but all of them are pretty confident that they did not *mistakenly* submitted to anyone else's profile. Intentions were to post them as a status.​

We're getting this here. They're getting "unknown error occurred" and either cannot post their own status or are posting in another profile when they swear they don't. We're also getting duplicate statuses. For example 1 on their profile page and 1 on some random persons.

We got this error reported over a dozen times today. We're an IPB import if that helps at all. One of them even swore this happened when they went to their own profile page to post their own status. We're also using the Widget Framework.

We're getting this here. They're getting "unknown error occurred" and either cannot post their own status or are posting in another profile when they swear they don't. We're also getting duplicate statuses. For example 1 on their profile page and 1 on some random persons.

We got this error reported over a dozen times today. We're an IPB import if that helps at all. One of them even swore this happened when they went to their own profile page to post their own status. We're also using the Widget Framework.

Are you able to reproduce the problem? Try disabling your addons to see if that fixes it.

We had this error producing with no addons on, Jake. (Edit: Apologize, the member explained it wrong) We can try to disable them again and ask members again. We're a large forum so turning off things sometimes doesn't go over well.

Edit: Personally, I haven't experienced it. But, our members are swearing this is happening.

We're running Xenforo 1.1.3 fresh import from IPB 3.3.3. It happened before we installed any addons that effected status updates, and is continuing to happen. Our users keep reporting it. We're running on PHP 5.4. We do get some template errors in debug mode, but, from looking on the forums it's supposedly fixed in the next release.

Edit again: We disabled it for a short while. It seemed to stop happening. Enabled the plugin again. So it must be the Widget Framework.

I have a theory. Should we turn off profile posts on other members pages. Would this prevent this? Is there a way to turn off the ability to post on other profile pages?

Just an FYI, if you use Firefox or any of your users do, let them know when it happens again to go to Firefox > Web Developer > Web Console

That will report what the error is as the error you speak of usually comes from an overlay which would explain the error happening on profile posts.

We had this error producing with no addons on, Jake. (Edit: Apologize, the member explained it wrong) We can try to disable them again and ask members again. We're a large forum so turning off things sometimes doesn't go over well.

Edit: Personally, I haven't experienced it. But, our members are swearing this is happening.

We're running Xenforo 1.1.3 fresh import from IPB 3.3.3. It happened before we installed any addons that effected status updates, and is continuing to happen. Our users keep reporting it. We're running on PHP 5.4. We do get some template errors in debug mode, but, from looking on the forums it's supposedly fixed in the next release.

Edit again: We disabled it for a short while. It seemed to stop happening. Enabled the plugin again. So it must be the Widget Framework.
yes, it could be that add on. because that is the only one do something with message update. (provide another field in sidebar for users to update their status) But users said they have been updating status from their own profile. not through the text field in the sidebar provided by a plugin.

I never run my xf site without a plugin, after import from vb4 I installed few addons before I went live. I will try to disable that widget and see if that solves the problem.

Top Bottom