• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

User Selectable forums for 'What's New' search

Staxed

Greetings,

I have looked around and didn't see this mod anywhere, if I missed it, feel free to point me in the right direction.

I run a few forums, one of them is for a gaming server that has lots of important information, as well as lots of people that just love talk and talk, as in 50-100 posts a day or more between just 2-3 people. I am looking for the ability to allow members to select which forums they want the What's New search link to show results from, so if they don't want to see all these spammy conversations, they can just uncheck the 'off-topic' category/forum and then it won't show in the what's new

(or in reverse, check the ones they don't want to see, either way is fine)

This is available in Xenforo 1.1. Let me find the link.

edit: Sorry. Read that wrong. No user selection as Brogan pointed out before I could finish this edit.

good to hear that it's at least settable in the AdminCP, though that still won't work for my purposes. Some people will still want to have those sections listed in the What's New...though, this is much better than nothing.

When 1.1 is released, I'd still love to have a mod to allow this option to be available on a per user basis.

good to hear that it's at least settable in the AdminCP, though that still won't work for my purposes. Some people will still want to have those sections listed in the What's New...though, this is much better than nothing.

When 1.1 is released, I'd still love to have a mod to allow this option to be available on a per user basis.
I hope, that it will be easy to change this via add-on

We have now at least a option for this, so IF they send the "excludeforums" to the search, maybe we can manipulate this and send own "exclude forums"

Top Bottom