******* - User Review System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc - User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc

This mod will add an all around type of system in your forum for your users to post stuff. The guy I originally coded it for wanted a review system but it can be used for pretty much anything, such as: articles, tutorials, blogs, garage etc.

It makes use of the rich bb code&smiley editor. You can set it for users of a certain group(s) to have their item(s) to be moderated before they appear to the public. You can also set up a daily limit of how many items an user belonging to a certain group...

Read more about this resource...

With one minor tweak this has amazing potential for my site.

I would like to use this addon as a means to feature review content produced my other members, specifically Resources.

Would it be possible to have it set up in such a way that you can feature a resource as an Admin/Moderator and have the post count towards the author of the Resource?

So for example lets say as the Admin I write a review for a Resource that someone submitted to my site. It would use the article template that this addon uses but it would provide a download link or have the resource embedded into the top of the article. Then the author of the Resource gets a Trophy for having his Resource featured by the Admin and has it added to his profile so that people can see how many of his resources have been featured.

I would be very interested in this kind of functionality.

borbole updated User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc with a new update entry:

4 new options added

In this new version 4 new options were added.

1) Attachments. Now you can upload attachments as well in your reviews. This is group permission based.

2) Set reviews as sticky. This is group permission based.

3) Moderator Log. All actions such as as: Editing a review, deleting it, setting it as sticky, moderating/approving it, assigning it to someone else will be logged in the Moderator Log at the Acp.

4) Users can search for reviews as well.

Read the rest of this update entry...

would this be compatible with @Brogan 's CTA Featured Threads and Portal?

I don''t use that mod myself to test it out with my mod, but I don''t see why it shouldn''t be compatible with it. That does something different from my mod so the chances that they will clash, so to speak, is very small. But in the unlikely event that an incompatibility issue arises, then I can fix it for you.

oh, and would it be hard to convert an already existing thread into an article?

This is not included in the current version.

With one minor tweak this has amazing potential for my site.

I would like to use this addon as a means to feature review content produced my other members, specifically Resources.

Would it be possible to have it set up in such a way that you can feature a resource as an Admin/Moderator and have the post count towards the author of the Resource?

So for example lets say as the Admin I write a review for a Resource that someone submitted to my site. It would use the article template that this addon uses but it would provide a download link or have the resource embedded into the top of the article. Then the author of the Resource gets a Trophy for having his Resource featured by the Admin and has it added to his profile so that people can see how many of his resources have been featured.

I would be very interested in this kind of functionality.

I am not sure that I completely understood what you meant. When you mean featured a resource, did you mean the xenforo resource or the Article of my mod?

I think you should improve the presentation (styling), including:

-> get inspired by XenMediaGallery or User albums

View attachment 87331 View attachment 87332 View attachment 87334 View attachment 87335

Suggestion: It's empty; so if empty, hide the block ?

View attachment 87333

Suggestion: Add link to go reviews on number (postbit)

View attachment 87336

Suggestion: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/rate-threads-with-stars-paid.82172/#post-819514

Thank you for your suggestions. That empty block is actually very strange. At my dev site it appears ok but at my live site not. I will check it out tomorrow to see what it is causing it.

Regarding the style, can you please post a screenshot of what you had in mind?

Regarding your other suggestion at the link that you posted, that looks like a trader/feedback type of thing posted in users profiles. I do not see it how it can be fitted in the review system as it is outside its scope.

I will not be included that in the mod, but I can make it for you. It is a small template edit.
Thank you, but not made for me but for others ;)

I would like you to answer my question in another one of your add-on please.

I am not sure that I completely understood what you meant. When you mean featured a resource, did you mean the xenforo resource or the Article of my mod?

Lets say that you created a Resource and uploaded it to my site.

I would use this addon to feature your Resource and write a review about it.

Only staff would be able to review and write articles but whoever's Resource is being featured has their stats updated to indicate that their work has been featured on the site.

They would get a Trophy for having a staff member feature their Resource and when you go to their profile it displays their featured resources.

Basically, the same way it works now but with the ability to assign the credit to a different user than the one writing the review/article.

Also would kike to have the option to embed the download link, title, tag line and download/rating stats in the header of the article/review.

Lets say that you created a Resource and uploaded it to my site.

I would use this addon to feature your Resource and write a review about it.

Only staff would be able to review and write articles but whoever's Resource is being featured has their stats updated to indicate that their work has been featured on the site.

They would get a Trophy for having a staff member feature their Resource and when you go to their profile it displays their featured resources.

Basically, the same way it works now but with the ability to assign the credit to a different user than the one writing the review/article.

Also would kike to have the option to embed the download link, title, tag line and download/rating stats in the header of the article/review.

I see what you mean. I can integrate it with the RM to do what you want for an extra fee. But it might take a while though, till I find some free time again.

Does this add-on tie the review to a discussion thread or is the review area separated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom