1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - User Review System [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc - User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc

Read more about this resource...
  2. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Demo ?
  3. borbole

4. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Thank you, but it's empty lol
  5. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

6. borbole

I just added a review. I have also set up the permissions for users to add reviews as well. Like that you can have a better feel of the mod.
    Allan likes this.
  7. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

would this be compatible with @Brogan 's CTA Featured Threads and Portal?
  8. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

oh, and would it be hard to convert an already existing thread into an article?
  9. oVR

oVR Active Member

With one minor tweak this has amazing potential for my site.

I would like to use this addon as a means to feature review content produced my other members, specifically Resources.

Would it be possible to have it set up in such a way that you can feature a resource as an Admin/Moderator and have the post count towards the author of the Resource?

So for example lets say as the Admin I write a review for a Resource that someone submitted to my site. It would use the article template that this addon uses but it would provide a download link or have the resource embedded into the top of the article. Then the author of the Resource gets a Trophy for having his Resource featured by the Admin and has it added to his profile so that people can see how many of his resources have been featured.

I would be very interested in this kind of functionality.
  10. borbole

borbole updated User Reviews/Blogs/Articles/Tutorials/Etc with a new update entry:

4 new options added

Read the rest of this update entry...
  11. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    borbole likes this.
  12. borbole

I don''t use that mod myself to test it out with my mod, but I don''t see why it shouldn''t be compatible with it. That does something different from my mod so the chances that they will clash, so to speak, is very small. But in the unlikely event that an incompatibility issue arises, then I can fix it for you.

This is not included in the current version.

I am not sure that I completely understood what you meant. When you mean featured a resource, did you mean the xenforo resource or the Article of my mod?
  13. borbole

Thank you for your suggestions. That empty block is actually very strange. At my dev site it appears ok but at my live site not. I will check it out tomorrow to see what it is causing it.

Regarding the style, can you please post a screenshot of what you had in mind?

Regarding your other suggestion at the link that you posted, that looks like a trader/feedback type of thing posted in users profiles. I do not see it how it can be fitted in the review system as it is outside its scope.
  14. borbole

That shows up properly now.

I will not be included that in the mod, but I can make it for you. It is a small template edit.
    Allan likes this.
  15. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Thank you, but not made for me but for others ;)

I would like you to answer my question in another one of your add-on please.
  16. borbole

I just saw your post there and replied.
    Allan likes this.
  17. oVR

oVR Active Member

Lets say that you created a Resource and uploaded it to my site.

I would use this addon to feature your Resource and write a review about it.

Only staff would be able to review and write articles but whoever's Resource is being featured has their stats updated to indicate that their work has been featured on the site.

They would get a Trophy for having a staff member feature their Resource and when you go to their profile it displays their featured resources.

Basically, the same way it works now but with the ability to assign the credit to a different user than the one writing the review/article.

Also would kike to have the option to embed the download link, title, tag line and download/rating stats in the header of the article/review.
  18. borbole

I see what you mean. I can integrate it with the RM to do what you want for an extra fee. But it might take a while though, till I find some free time again.
  19. Jeanz

Jeanz Member

When will this be working again? I would like to try it out before I decide if it will work for my site :)
    Paul and LPH like this.
  20. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

Does this add-on tie the review to a discussion thread or is the review area separated?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.