XF 1.5 user promotions not working

Escobar

I have set user promotion to run every minute but it does not work the cron runs every minute as planned but the changes to the usergroups are not being applied even though they do match the settings in the promo. I have disabled all my addons but nothing unfortunately and i am complete out of ideas can someone help me with this?

Settings are as following.

is a member of
registered

is not a member of
dumm1
dumm2
dumm3

if i place them in member usergroup they should be added automatically to verified member but its not doing so and the user is registered and not a part of dumm1, dumm2 or dumm3 the cron runs but the promo is not applied

i also read users have to be active i logged in to the user for 1 minute to and nothing

Last edited:
Posting screenshots of criteria may help.
I dont wanna spoil my usergroups.

• promo is active
  • Add user to verified member

• User is a member of any of the selected user groups:
    Registered
    Member (Also tried removing this)

• User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups:
    Admin
    Mods

Strange promotion criteria. Everyone except members of admin and mod user groups would be added to the verified group as everyone should have the Registered user group as their primary user group.

Check the user change log to see what is happening to a user that should be promoted - are they being promoted and then removed? If so details will be needed to work out what is happening.

Note that promotions only apply to recently active users, inactive ones will have it applied when they next visit the site.

Strange promotion criteria. Everyone except members of admin and mod user groups would be added to the verified group as everyone should have the Registered user group as their primary user group.

Check the user change log to see what is happening to a user that should be promoted - are they being promoted and then removed? If so details will be needed to work out what is happening.

Note that promotions only apply to recently active users, inactive ones will have it applied when they next visit the site.
thats right everyone has registered as primair usergroup, Member is second one and once they are member they should be a verified member within 1 minute.

thats right everyone has registered as primair usergroup, Member is second one and once they are member they should be a verified member within 1 minute.
Also no changes in the change log the cron is running but not promoting the user not when they are active and not when they are active again it just does not work

It seems strange to add everyone to another group once they become a member. What is the point (apart from not adding Admins and Mods)? Members who haven't confirmed their email address are treated as guests until they do, so it shouldn't be for that reason.

I'm concerned that the user group promotion cron is running every minute, that could be an issue. You have obviously changed this in the ACP as the default is for it to run every hour at 20 minutes past the hour. Maybe a screenshot to show your cron settings would help to see if there's an issue there. It also might be worth trying to reset it to the default (see below) to see if that works.

1528277915894.webp

The fact that you don't have anything showing in the user change logs suggests that one of the following is the case:

The user group promotion criteria isn't set correctly (and you are going to have to post screenshots now to check that further.
or
The cron isn't running at all (have you manually tried to run the cron?) and you may have to reset to the default and check this to see if it works.
or
Users aren't active (though you say that they are)
or
Users have been manually removed from the user group before, in which case they won't be added back to a user group via the user group promotion

Another thing you could try is to rebuild the master data (go to mysite.com/install and do it from there) to see if that helps.

it has been fixed. Everything was setup correctly after creating a new account and testings it was working perfectly seems like this
Users have been manually removed from the user group before, in which case they won't be added back to a user group via the user group promotion
was the reason

Top Bottom