Not planned User Profile Information in Postbit

The Sandman

As Kier pointed out in his Have You Seen "Style Properties II" demo, displaying most or all of the User Profile information can quickly make the postbit look cluttered and unwieldy. It's great that we'll have a control to choose which of the fields to display, but what if instead of that, each member could choose which fields to display (using a similar checkbox menu) up to an admin defined maximum number (probably 2 or 3 would be reasonable).

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
In a way, that is already implemented. The admin can define multiple styles that can be selected from... and that does not increase the number of options in the user cp. People new to forums find certain things difficult, such as the concept of what a user cp is, and why they need it.

Having received a KKOD (Kier's Kiss of Death) in the second post, it's clear this idea will never be incorporated into the standard featureset. I'd still be interested in seeing it as a modification though. :)

A modification is not required.

Just do as Abominations suggested - have multiple styles with different items in the postbit selected/deselected.

A modification is not required.

Just do as Abominations suggested - have multiple styles with different items in the postbit selected/deselected.

Perhaps my thinking will change after I've been hands-on with XF, but it seems to me that having numerous styles that a member must choose between to select what I view as UserCP options is not what Xenforo is about. I think of styles as color schemes, graphics, and other creative elements. If one has several different color schemes, and also wants to make several other options selectable via the Style Chooser, the total number of "Styles" offered would be quite high.

Top Bottom