XF 1.3 User preferences/settings fields.

flake

Good day all, I'm a little new to xenforo but I've managed to get up and running pretty easily after transferring my 2 million post forum from VB4 last weekend.
First let me say it's a pleasure to have made the change before I get on to my irritating question, the answer to which will I'm sure have someone point me in the direction of the search function.

On a previous VB install I had a "Panic Button" add-on installed for desk jockies. I don't wish to recreate it, but it has left some fields in the database which XF is happily parsing in the user preferences under "option-> visible online" dialogue.

Can someone point me in the direction of the table that this information would indicate these columns have been imported into?

I assumed it was one of the user tables, but having browsed and browsed column headers I don't seem able to find them.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Hi Brogan and thanks for the reply.
When converting I used the standard xenforo importer, which while it took it's time, worked well enough.
Here's a screen grab of what I mean.

panic.jpg

As you can see, in the user settings all the appropriate columns are being offered, but I'm trying to figure out where these have been imported into when I did the transfer.

As I said, they're legacy columns which appear to have been imported from from the old VB columns in spite of my attempts to tidy the database before import. They very definitely are not from a current add on.
As you suggest it is the preferences menu, do you know what table the other preferences served from?

The xf_user_option table is where the core content is stored.
I wouldn't recommend manipulating the database directly to remove that other content though.

There must be references to it in the ACP somewhere, as that will require custom templates and phrases.
I would be very surprised if that was brought in during an import.

The xf_user_option table is where the core content is stored.
I wouldn't recommend manipulating the database directly to remove that other content though.

There must be references to it in the ACP somewhere, as that will require custom templates and phrases.
I would be very surprised if that was brought in during an import.
Aha! Fantastic. They'd been imported into the custom user fields, which is why I couldn't find them in the database.

Thanks for your help Brogan, I'll delete them from the the ACP>Users>Custom User Fields Dialogue.

Top Bottom