1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Permissions and Post Count Upgrades?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by AGD-Andy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

I didn't really know how to word the title as you can tell :) I did some searching and couldn't find out how to do this.

I need to have users come into a relatively basic account and then, as they post, they can have increased priviliges. Kinda like this:

0 - 20 Posts - No Profile Posts, No Conversations, No Links, No Signature, No Blogs (Better Blogs)
    21 - 50 Posts - No Profile Posts, No Links, No Signature, No Blogs
    51 - 100 Posts - No Blogs, No Links
    100+ - can have all of the above

thanks in advance :)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

ok, I did that... seems to work, but user's main group is still 'Registered'. With the Secondary Group being the one I set up. What would take precedence? and why does the user show up as 'New Member' even though that is not the title of either usergroup? (note, it says that under the user's name in the forums). I would think it would show the usergroup title

4. Brogan

Permissions are cumulative.
    Additional user groups are always secondary.

User titles come from the trophy points ladder by default.

5. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

hmm.... maybe it won't do what I want then. Unless I create the 'registered' group with no permissions?

6. Brogan

7. AGD-Andy

AGD-Andy Member

ok, makes sense. I just set Registered users to the lowest common denominator. Thanks.