XF 2.1 vBulletin import: User permissions question

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
Double-checking this.

The imported forum has a number of member groups which limit the member's permissions in some way.

Currently, they are separate groups. But my assumptions are as follows:
  1. All should have Registered as the base group.
  2. The additional limited member groups are then converted to secondary groups (via user upgrade i think?)
  3. The limitations on those secondary groups will override permissions for the Registered group. For example, the Registered Group can start new threads but the Limited group cannot. So with Limited group as the secondary group, their "cannot start new threads" will override the standard permission of the Registered group.
Can you confirm that I have this correct? These vBulletin imports aren't something you need to do every day so I always feel the need to double check. :)

There are a couple of permissions that only admins or admins + mods should have, like user notes, so those are set to never for everyone but admins or mods.
That's fine. But if you have a user group setting at Never, and an admin is also in this secondary group, the admin would be denied as well even with a Yes in the main admin group. In that scenario you would want to use No. Never means never for everyone. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom