User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 2.9.0

No permission to download
You need to ensure group mentions are enabled for users, and the group is mentionable, and finally the users are permitted to mention enough users to cover a group they are mentioning (ie XF mention limit, a group with 100 people but the user is only permitted to mention 10 people; only 10 people get mentioned when mentioning that group)
I have it set up like this before, I've done the tests with a group of 10 people and they do not receive notification, I do not know if someone else happens to this
Screenshot_6.webpScreenshot_7.webp

Can you check the xf_user_alert table with the query select * from xf_user_alert where user_id = <id> replacing <id> with your user id and see if the alerts are sent?

Can you check the xf_user_alert table with the query select * from xf_user_alert where user_id = <id> replacing <id> with your user id and see if the alerts are sent?
Sorry, I'm just a site administrator, I can not touch the tables.
We have about 25 groups and we use your addon a lot, I hope that with future updates it will be fixed, thanks

I need information from the database to troubleshoot this, if you can't get the site owner to help I'm very limited for this sort of advanced troubleshooting.

Opt-in, send an email to the user who is mentioned/quoted:
Hi, does this apply to usergroups as well? If I tag a usergroup (there's only about 20 users in the group) will it email everybody in that usergroup?

Yes, mentioning a usergroup is expanded to a number of normal mentions with a bit of extra metadata which is then emailed.

@Xon

When giving access to usergroups to mention other groups is it possible to limit what groups they can mention?

Currently I use this rescource for my admin team only so dont want the new group to be able to mention every other group just to designated one set.

Kinda. You can have "private" groups where only members and people with the 'mention private group' permission can mention that group.

But per usergroup control of which user group can mention that group isn't supported.

Probably more than a 100 or so, but it depends on server performance. Alerting is at least sent in batches now so it isn't too bad.

Great add-on! Is it possible to retroactively enable "email on quote" for current users? I can set it as default for new users, but what about the users that are already in the system. Would be great.

Top Bottom