User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

User Tagging Improvements by Xon - Improvements to XenForo's tagging system

Improvements to XenForo's tagging system.

This addon is not designed to deal with large group memberships. This feature may be added in the future, but wasn't needed.

Features:
  • Taggable user groups.
    • Customizable icon per group (small + large).
    • Membership can be viewed on the front-end.
    • User group may be private, at which point only members can tag or view that group.
    • Permission to tag taggable groups.
    • Admin privilege to view all taggable...

Read more about this resource...

You should probably change the title of this add-on to avoid confusion with the content tagging (it's changed to user mentions in 1.5).

Liam

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
can members make up the groups? or it has to be an admin doing it through usergroups in acp ?
Users being members of groups is done via the usergroups in the admincp.

Is it possible to tag a nickname with a 1 or 2 symbol username?
The auto-complete only triggers if the nick is longer than 2 characters, but you can feed a nickname with 2 characters into it and have it pick it up. It just doesn't auto-complete.

You should probably change the title of this add-on to avoid confusion with the content tagging (it's changed to user mentions in 1.5).

Liam
Good idea.

Is it possible to change the email's body text to say the same thing that you get from the Alerts tab, the user's avatar and also get rid of the URL that appears on the left of View all your alerts?

upload_2015-9-13_3-14-44.webp

upload_2015-9-13_3-15-34.webp

Maybe have the thread's title (This is a new test) link to the post where the user was mentioned.
Maybe give the admin the option to choose if they want to include the post's message.

upload_2015-9-13_3-28-17.webp

You should change the word tag for the word mentioned.

Last edited:
Next version will replace 'tag' for mentioned in those emails. Please be aware that the user mentions system doesn't actually know the content type very well when it is dispatching the emails.

I've added to an agnostic 'content' for the link title.

Conigurable default for users on account creation.
How do you enable this?

How do you enable the email notification for existing users?

Conigurable default for users on account creation.
How do you enable this?
In the AdminCP, under Options, User Registration, look for Default Registration Values.

It will be the line "Receive email when tagged" (which will become "Receive email when mentioned" in the next version).

How do you enable the email notification for existing users?
You have to use SQL.

The following code will do it:
Code:
update xf_user_option
set sv_email_on_tag = 1

To make the email a bit more user friendly it would be better if there's a text that says something like this and have it linked, instead of the button like link.
The text could have a bigger font to catch the user's attention.

Click here to view where you've been mentioned.

To make the email a bit more user friendly it would be better if there's a text that says something like this and have it linked, instead of the button like link.
The text could have a bigger font to catch the user's attention.

Click here to view where you've been mentioned.
Next version will have an improved email template, I just haven't finished working on it yet.

I just noticed that users don't get emails when they're mentioned in the Media Gallery's comments.
I don't have that official add-on, so I add support for it.

What version of XenForo, and do you have any other add-ons installed which may do the same thing?

What version of XenForo, and do you have any other add-ons installed which may do the same thing?
pls all disregard my posts

new group was created and had the "disable mentions" enabled by mistake which screwed this up

the mod works perfectly as intended

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom