User map [Deleted]

Very poor or no communication here at all and very long delays.

I have just uninstalled this add-on for good, it's not worth it...

That's a bummer. :(

You unfortunately "walked in" on a lumpy release but we got that working did we not?

I'll push 4.1.2 (which is what you have) out tonight which I have not had any bad feedback on so should be good for others as well.

Very poor or no communication here at all and very long delays.

I work away from home a lot and when I am home, well, there's a ton of stuff that happens...

Update coming soon.

It's really just a maintenance fix. @Michael Murguia you already have this version too.

There was a ton of rewrite to improve the way the code flowed which also helped bug finding and improvements going forward.

One of the improvements was a retry and non-update-on-failure.

So from time to time google will reject or error 500 on a request you make (Michael suffered from this a lot). When this happens the code now retries 3 times with an pause in between. if it finally gives up ti will not update the person's location to 0,0 (in the ocean) which happened a lot to people.

Other than that, just refactoring.

Life should be calming down in Aug (post another road trip to Italy where I will drink lots of wine) and then we can continue to add it and finally finish off the other map one I am working on. :)

thanks for the patience :)

CrispinP updated User map with a new update entry:

Maintenance update off the back of 4.0

This is mostly a maintenance update to help with some of the lumpy 4.0 features that came in.

There was a ton of rewrite to improve the way the code flowed which also helped bug finding and improvements going forward.

One of the improvements was a retry and non-update-on-failure.

So from time to time google will reject or error 500 on a request you make (Michael suffered from this a lot). When this happens the code now retries 3 times with an pause in between. if it finally gives up ti...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@CrispinP I want to uninstall v3.8 and get this Server Error:

Code:
Error Info
Mysqli statement execute error : Can't DROP 'map_show_me'; check that column/key exists - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Stack Trace
#0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/Crispin/UserMap/Install/Base.php(97): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\talter table...')
#3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php(213): Crispin_UserMap_Install_Base::uninstall(Array)
#4 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1793): XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete()
#5 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(123): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#6 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/phc/LinkDirectory/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(21): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete()
#7 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): phc_LinkDirectory_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete()
#8 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/stronghold/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State
Array
(
    [url] => http://localhost/mywebsite/admin.php?add-ons/Crispin_User_Map/delete
    [_GET] => Array
        (
            [add-ons/Crispin_User_Map/delete] => 
        )

[_POST] => Array
        (
            [_xfConfirm] => 1
            [_xfToken] => ********
        )

)

Odd. So you're still on 3.8 and trying to uninstall? I'll take a look at that version and see what's going on. Will send through something tonight hopefully.

I got it. It is the custom user field of 3.8 with the "show me on map" preferences. Once I deleted it manually I could continue the uninstall process.

I have members that no matter what address they put in the map location field. The map shows them living in the sea near the equator. What's happening here, any ideas. Thanks

Hi, all I want is a map showing locations using the location entered by members. I've read this 40 pages long thread like a novel. The dev is working hard (well, maybe he's passed out in Italy right now) to fix bugs and implement features requests.

As it is now, is this addon ready for showtime for basic function? Like, if someone clicks on a member's location, does it open a map to show all the other members in the area?

Finally, is this working with @ThemeHouse UI.X?

Thanks!

Been using this for a while and it's rock solid, read of some update issues from early adopters so never bothered updating I'm still using a release from last year and it works absolutely fine but I don't use any kind of paid theme just some basic styling on default theme

OK, so it is now installed, but i get this message:

"Sorry! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details."

And I have no idea what a JavaScript console is, what it could tell me and what I'd need to do with that information.

One this is the Google API: you mention two (2) different numbers (browser & server), but the same Google page. I can't see where to get separate numbers. Could you clarify this?

1ae186f6355f3bb763d6c927de58ed9b.webp
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

I have limited knowledge of APIs, and maybe Google changed their page since, but if you could help I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Andre

Top Bottom