User map [Deleted]

I've looked and already manually removed some of the leftover junk
All bets are off then as to what state it's in. What exactly did you remove?

The error you mention above has nothing to do with the DB actually. So, deleting stuff manually without really knowing what you're doing just sets the poor addon up for problems....

Really.... You removed "junk" now you want me to write a script to work out what is wrong and clean it up manually?

#BeenALongWeek #WannaCry #...

All bets are off then as to what state it's in. What exactly did you remove?

The error you mention above has nothing to do with the DB actually. So, deleting stuff manually without really knowing what you're doing just sets the poor addon up for problems....

Really.... You removed "junk" now you want me to write a script to work out what is wrong and clean it up manually?

#BeenALongWeek #WannaCry #...

Dude, I'm not an idiot. I went into my database and removed everything that started with "Crispin". The uninstall you provided left some of it still in there and then again when the new installed failed. It should have removed everything, but it didn't.

The issue with why the install of the new version has an issue is connected to the below. Again, I'm not an idiot.
Code:
            if (!Crispin_UserMap_Install_Base::fieldExists("xf_user_field", "map_location")){
                $dw = XenForo_DataWriter::create('XenForo_DataWriter_UserField');
                $dw->set('field_id', 'map_location');
                $dw->set('display_group', 'personal');
                $dw->set('display_order', 5);
                $dw->set('field_type', 'textbox');
                $dw->set('required', 0);
                $dw->set('show_registration', 1);
                $dw->set('user_editable', 'yes');
                $dw->set('viewable_profile', '0');
                $dw->set('viewable_message', '0');
                $dw->set('max_length', 100);
                $dw->setExtraData(XenForo_DataWriter_UserField::DATA_TITLE, 'Map Location');
                $dw->setExtraData(XenForo_DataWriter_UserField::DATA_DESCRIPTION, 'Enter a location you would like to use on the User Map.');
                $dw->save();
            }
        }

One or more of those user fields are still in the dB because I can see them. They were never removed during the uninstall and I have not touched any of those.

Last edited:
Really.... You removed "junk" now you want me to write a script to work out what is wrong and clean it up manually?.

Well, trying to make this like it's my fault won't fly and is not cool. I installed your v3.6 then upgraded it to v4.0 and then patched it with the patches you sent me just like you said when I had the first set of issues. Then after a while when I found the other problems I realized I could not uninstall it. I had to ask you on two different occasions until you finally sent me the new Base.php file so I could finally uninstall it. I never did anything else after that except uninstall it. Then when trying to install the new version you just sent me recently it failed with the error I posted and that's when I went digging and found the left-over junk from version v3.6 or v4.0. Don't take the word "junk" literally because that's not the way I meant it.

Anyway, not trying to be mean about anything here and my attitude may be coming off the wrong way, but it's just like a lot of people I'm tired of paying for add-ons here on xenforo that don't work. After a while it becomes frustrating then irritating.

Hi, are you going to be able to provide me with an update so I can install the latest version and try it? It's been over a month now since I purchased this add-on and I still don't have a working version that I can use or even install at this point.

Ok, v4.0.2 is WAY better, finally (y) The location issue and updates seem to have been corrected now for the most part.

And, I already found 3 things...

1. The heat map icons have never worked for me. I normally only see the balloons, but I want the heat map icons only instead. The only time I can see the heat icons is if I click on an old member who has never had any location entered.
Untitled1.webp

2. If I disable the add-on I still get the Map Location box on the registration page. Really strange...

Untitled2.webp

3. If I run the Rebuild User Caches cron in the xenforo tools ACP it still wants to hang. It does finish, but it takes a very long time. If I disable this add-on it finishes almost instantly again so there seems to be some performance interference with the user cache.

Untitled3.webp

Last edited:
Forget the heat map icon issue, it was the default cluster size settings after install. As soon as I changed that they started working. I had to set it to "1"

And, here's why the map location box is showing up on the registration page when the add-on is disabled. Since you created the Custom User Field all of that is still there when it's disabled. As soon as I uncheck the "Show during registration" box the box goes away on the page. With the add-on enabled though it goes away even if the box is checked. I'm using the "Use standard Location field" instead though and that could be why.

Untitled4.webp

Last edited:
I've been busy working with a different non-related add-on on my board and so far this User Map v4.0.2 add-on has not produced any errors in my log. The only thing I know for sure right now is the Rebuild User Caches cron in the xenforo tools ACP still wants to hang so that's the only issue I have found with it at the moment other than what I have already mentioned. Other than that, most everything seems to be working now.

One question, I've used the goggle API's with other add-ons to get maps, but how hard would it be to add the option to make it select a default map mode? What I mean is making it come up in the satellite view mode instead with labels. I searched around on the web and found where others have been able to make that come up as the default. Is that an option you could possibly make work and add to this add-on? If so it would be really cool.

Last edited:
I did find something. When you give unregistered users permission to view the Map the main navigation tab does not display for them. I don’t want guests viewing the map anyway, but for people who do it won’t currently work because of the missing navigation tab.

Last edited:
This may be more of a feature modification suggestion, but when you unselect all of the filter options connected to the "Toggle options open by default" that toggle button stays on the map page. I don’t want those filters on the page and the button is a slight unwanted cosmetic thing.

I added the code below in the EXTRA.ccs template to get rid of it and it works, but maybe it should automatically go away when all of the filter options are disabled or just have a way to disable and remove the button.

Code:
.maptoggled_button {display: none;}

Untitled.webp

Last edited:
Any update mate?

Summer is kicking off and I'm sending out tag invites to events using your new radius filter.

I want to make sure everyone is getting included and that their positions are correct on the maps so we get the best turnouts :)

There is a new version in testing at the moment. I can send it to you if you want?

Made loads of changes to try an improve locations are handled with Google playing silly buggers....

I have this exact same issue. Crispin, do you expect your new version to resolve this one? Thanks so much!!
@CrispinP has been working with me to resolve the issue, but we have not been successful to date. My first message about this was back in April, so it has proved to be a bear.

I'll try to communicate here with material progress.

M

Is there any newer version of this add-on yet that is working? I'm still using v.4.0.2

It's been a long while now...

Top Bottom