User map [Deleted]

Well the massupdate fixed the issue. I also increased my daily google api request limit to some ridiculous amount. I'll keep an eye on it!

@Michael Murguia
You asked a while back for a feature to stop certain groups viewing the maps.
You can actually do that with the simple permissions.
Go to a group permissions which you do not want to allow viewing of the maps.
Select Never for that group.
They should now be excluded from viewing the maps.

This would not hide the field from them in their Personal Details as you cannot show/hide fields from groups in XF.
I am changing the way the value is picked up to not use a custom field. When I finish this then it will be an option in the ACP for you to show/hide for certain groups.

Feature Suggesstion: Display the number of users that are represented on the map, and which automatically updates when you're Viewing All|Following|Online ...
Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 12.02.30.webp

And, a reminder of a couple from elsewhere back in the thread :)

Feature Suggesstion: Just like ACP option 'Map Link: Message User Block', add a similiar option so that a map link is also shown on the pop-up member card (when you click on a username).

Major Feature Suggesstion:
Option for user group permitted user(s) to add additional static markers to the map. Two user group permissions; 1. Add static markers, 2. Edit/Delete static markers
Workflow: Permitted user(s) see links at the top of the map, 'Add static marker' and 'Edit/Delete static markers'.
Add - opens a form for the user to enter the address through google lookup, and they can name/title it, description, and URL.
Edit - open a page with the listing of current static marker records, with edit and delete icons.

The static markers usage is for users to add markers to the map that represent landmarks that are relevant to them. Eg. common meet points, favourite coffee shops, business, etc. Tooltip for the marker shows title, click on it for description and URL. Click on URL to open destination site in a new tab.

greetings,

@Mouth - The first two things should be fairy straightforward. The second one is more of a challenge but there have been a few now asking for a add-your-own-markers-by-category feature so I'll start on that soon :)

@ichpen yup, what you after?

add-your-own-markers-by-category feature so I'll start on that soon
Nice, thanks! I'd buy another license, just to support that :)
Having the user map augmented with user added PoI (Points of Interest) markers that are relevant to your community will be a killer feature :)

Bonus marks if the user added PoI is a business, and already exists within Google Maps Business Listings, and user map addon imports/synchronises the business listing information. :)

Last edited:
@Michael Murguia
You asked a while back for a feature to stop certain groups viewing the maps.
You can actually do that with the simple permissions.
Go to a group permissions which you do not want to allow viewing of the maps.
Select Never for that group.
They should now be excluded from viewing the maps.

This would not hide the field from them in their Personal Details as you cannot show/hide fields from groups in XF.
I am changing the way the value is picked up to not use a custom field. When I finish this then it will be an option in the ACP for you to show/hide for certain groups.

Fantastic! Yup! Got it to work!

M

i do also have problems getting the server key...

i found a youtube video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
at 2:35 he click on "create credentials" , then a popup window is visible to choose the key you need, but not at me...

when i press on "create credentials" i do get this window:
api.webp

before this i did it step by step like written here:
User map [Paid]

that looks like the correct key. Does it not work?

I would generate a new one though - you've exposed your key to the world so we can all use it now :(

ahhh...ok ...

i deleted this last one, created a new one... insert this key at browser and server key settings in admincp... looks like it works now, do not get any error when opening the map... now i will try the massupdate...

... have been a few now asking for a add-your-own-markers-by-category feature so I'll start on that soon

i created 2 different groups for signup, privat and comercial, works fine, i see privat users with blue pins and comercial with red pins... so it means in future i can choose/set at usermap this two different groups instead of "View following", "Online now" etc .. ? this would be awesome and very needed :):):)

i red last pages but didnt found it, is it allready possible to set a value that userpins on map have more space between if user live close together?

i created 2 different groups for signup, privat and comercial, works fine, i see privat users with blue pins and comercial with red pins... so it means in future i can choose/set at usermap this two different groups instead of "View following", "Online now" etc .. ? this would be awesome and very needed :):):)
That would be handy. I'll include it in the list.

i red last pages but didnt found it, is it allready possible to set a value that userpins on map have more space between if user live close together?
If you reduce the Duplicate Pin Placement option does it help?
edit: Don't think it will.

I can put in a proximity option so that users cannot get to close to each other. will have to play around with options and see how best to do it.

Everybody lives in London!

So in an update about to be released, any duplicate points are now randomly plotted in a circle of your choosing. For this demo I have placed hundreds of users in London. Normally this would show up as a single pin at Nelson's column.
Here, I have specified the circle to be 5000m.

Obviously you can change to to be smaller if you have fewer duplicates.

Update coming soon :)

View attachment 137958

page 17 of this thread....

this i ment, how did you do this? is it allready possible with the latest version of the addon?
i tried different setups in admin cp with clusters etc but the result is that the pins of the users at big citys, berlin or vienna in my case, are very close togehter so its hard to see who is who... sry for my english its not my native language... :)

I tried registering on your site, but after I register I lose permission to view the map o_O

Can you change the icon for the marker to a symbol or image of your choice?

i tried different setups in admin cp with clusters etc but the result is that the pins of the users at big citys, berlin or vienna in my case, are very close togehter so its hard to see who is who... sry for my english its not my native language... :)
Normally, if you had 10 users who all put Berlin as their city the markers would be on top of each other and you would only see one.
With this function it spreads them around within a circle around the centre point. This helps show many people in an area rather than just 1 pin and everyone hiding underneath it.

I tried registering on your site, but after I register I lose permission to view the map o_O
Which site? wwwLandcruiserclub.net? That would be odd.

Can you change the icon for the marker to a symbol or image of your choice?
Yes, you can put any colour you want or the path to a custom image and that image will show for that group.

Top Bottom