User map [Deleted]

Squarely in Dublin, CA :)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/37°42'07.8"N+121°56'08.8"W/@37.6546434,-122.6564522,8.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d37.7021521!4d-121.9357918

Ok, those errors you mentioned - try disabling the add-on and see if it works.
Something is stopping the code from running when the profile is saved.
OK, i disabled the add-on and tried to update the location to a few different areas. No go. I also confirmed that there were no server errors. I am running:
XenForo 1.5.7, which is not the latest version. Would this affect it?

Thanks!

OK, i disabled the add-on and tried to update the location to a few different areas. No go. I also confirmed that there were no server errors. I am running:
XenForo 1.5.7, which is not the latest version. Would this affect it?

Thanks!
I am currently upgrading the forums to see if that fixes it.

Squarely in Dublin, CA :)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/37°42'07.8"N+121°56'08.8"W/@37.6546434,-122.6564522,8.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d37.7021521!4d-121.9357918

Ok, those errors you mentioned - try disabling the add-on and see if it works.
Something is stopping the code from running when the profile is saved.
I've upgraded everything on the forums, and I am no longer generating any server errors.

The map locations are still not saving. Any other suggestions?
  1. File permission settings?
  2. Database issues?
M

odd. I did not get an email for your replies hence the silence. Sorry.

Urm, no, XF version is not a problem. File permissions etc would not be a problem - if anything failed there would be an error.

What happens with a new user? Do other users have the same problem?

odd. I did not get an email for your replies hence the silence. Sorry.

Urm, no, XF version is not a problem. File permissions etc would not be a problem - if anything failed there would be an error.

What happens with a new user? Do other users have the same problem?
Hi Crispin,

I created a new user, and set the "Map Location" field to "Eureka, CA". No pin was created on the map. It seems that beyond batch setting approximate locations (which seem a bit off for some reason - separate issue), setting the map parameter is not working, or saving. COuld there be database assumptions that are not true with my setup? The user tables were originally imported from a different forums. Let me know about that. I can give you access to the database through phpMyAdmin so you can have a look.

There is a bug with uninstalling it which is why I did not mention it. Let's jump on the server and see what'she going on.

For those who decide to shift to this User Map from MopedMap addon, here's conversion SQL:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile a, xf_user_mopedmap b SET a.cum_map_location = POINT(b.user_lat,b.user_long), a.cum_map_location_last_update = timestamp(NOW()) WHERE a.user_id = b.user_id

The POINT command is supposed to be long,lat however the moped entries seem to be reverse to what the tables are labelled.

Yes - in a work around.

Find a 1x1 clear dot gif and set it to be the pin for the groups you want to hide.

A few people have asked for that feature so I'll put it in a release soon.

C

HI there!

Something has caused my Member Map to display far fewer members.
I did rebuild user caches. Would this do it?
What else might affect this?
Can I just run bulk import again?

Thanks!

Odd, should not have an effect.

You can do a mass-update as often as you like. Try that and see if it solves it. Most odd if it does.

Top Bottom