User map [Deleted]

Assume not fixed yet? The issue seems to have regressed and gotten worse.
With the "Show map on member's page" permission enabled, any attempt to load the members profile gives;

Not having the issue. I would guess it's a template problem.

@CrispinP
One presale question:
Would it be possible to extend this addon with more maps? Custom maps for custom user custom fields. Right now we have an option only for location, but I need to have more maps for several other custom user fields with choices for user to put more than one spot on map (fishing spots, gardens...).

And one idea for new addon:
Maybe a brand new addon created on base of this one (it is not connected with userfields). To have several interactive google maps (for each one different link) with possibilities for user to put more than one location on google map with some description fot that location. And with permissions that user put new location (or edit old one) it will be going through some kind of moderation queue.
Something like this - https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=z80NKMK9TOy0.k87bbypK7Jwo

@CrispinP

Hey C, my zip file is also corrupt. Can you resend it please (windows/7zip user).

EDIT: Seems the error specifically is that it's a rar file with a zip extension so 7zip complains. May not be corrupt as it unzipped but I'll take another copy please anyway.

Confirm that for 2.9, not for 3.0. Just rename into .rar and 7ZIP won't complain. 2.9 and 3.0 unzips perfectly though.

Any chance to persuade xenforo core to show "Viewing usermap" instead of "Viewing unknown page" on user profile popup?

folks -

I think 3.0.1 is good enough for now. No real issues reported thus far. :)

I'm off on holiday until the end of the month with zero (gasp!) internet access so won't be able to answer any support questions.

Unless copious amounts of good Italian food and drink kill me then I'll be back at the end of Aug.

C

Unless copious amounts of good Italian food and drink kill me then I'll be back at the end of Aug.
I'm trying hard ....
keep-calm-and-don-t-get-jealous.png

3.0.1 works like a charm. Heatmaps (now that we have exposed settings) are a thing of beauty. Enjoy the holiday and good job.

P.S. I recommend those upgrading to disable the addon prior to upgrade to avoid scary mysqli errors.

I know @CrispinP is away at the moment but i have a slight issue
I migrated our forum to a new server approx 36hrs ago and although my map is still functioning it will not show new members, running massupdate gives me a HTTP 500 error, server logs errors stating "API access to google was denied"
Not sure why different server would make a difference as only DNS rerouted to new server, calling API from a different IP possibly a factor but site domain still shows as verified in Google API manager ??

When i run mass update in server log i see one of these errors
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function usleeep()
followed by four API access errors

I migrated our forum to a new server approx 36hrs ago and although my map is still functioning it will not show new members, running massupdate gives me a HTTP 500 error, server logs errors stating "API access to google was denied"
Not sure why different server would make a difference as only DNS rerouted to new server, calling API from a different IP possibly a factor but site domain still shows as verified in Google API manager ??
Visit https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials and click on the hyperlink name for the server key you are using. On the next page, check your 'Accept requests from these server IP addresses' settings/listings.
Now back to the credentials page, and click on the browser key you are using. On the next page, check your 'Accept requests from these HTTP referrers (websites)' settings/listings.

Thanks, I understand that a lot of views costs money. If I want to mass update 25,000 users on install, do I need to open a Google Account before doing so?
Google gives 25k map views per day. That's more than enough, IMHO, for even the busiest of forums.
As for mass updates, author explains it best ....
Google has a free daily limit of 2500 API calls. Previously the mass-update just started at the top and ran down. If you had more than 2500 members then this was almost pointless.
Now what happens is that each run will only attempt to do 2500 at a time. This means that if you have 25,000 users and your limit was 2500 it would take 10 runs - or ten days - to complete everything.
Each user which is attempted, be it successful or not, is time-stamped. Each run will start with the oldest time stamp first so it cycles around. This way you could do all your users over a few days without paying google.

If you go over the limit, here's what your ACP error log looks like.
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Overlimit response from Google. Message:You have exceeded your daily request quota for this API. - library/Crispin/UserMap/Model/UserMaps.php:394
Generated By: Mouth, Today at 00:06
Stack Trace
#0 library/Crispin/UserMap/ControllerPublic/UserMap.php(147): Crispin_UserMap_Model_UserMaps->getGeoLocationFromLocation(25487, 'pxxk')
#1 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Crispin_UserMap_ControllerPublic_UserMap->actionMassUpdate()
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(42) "/usermap/massupdate"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/usermap/massupdate"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Top Bottom