As designed User is not being fully logged out.

Jayt

Affected version
V2.0.1
After logging out, closing my browser, and shutting down my computer I am getting an error when I log back in the next day. I have to enter my username and password to login in but not the 2-way verification code. Then I get this message:

Oops! We ran in to some problems.
You are already logged in. Please click here to return to the forum list.

The word here is a link back to the forum list. My browser is set to remove all cookies when it is closed. Tried multiple times with all add-ons disabled as well.

After resetting my browser and clearing the cookies and cache I only get the error at two times and the 2-way verification is required every time.

If I don't logout before closing my browser I will get the error the next time I log in. I do not use the Stay Logged In option. The error will be the first screen after entering the 2-way verification code instead of landing on the main forum page..

I also get the error when I visit www.xyz.com/community/login?redirect=/community/ while already logged in. With the previous version I would be sent to the main forum page.

Logging out does not remove the saved 2FA device setting. This is intentional. (It can be removed via the 2FA section if desired.) If you're not getting prompted for that, it sounds like your configuration isn't actually removing all cookies.

In terms of the other message, it sounds mostly like the same issue here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/login-in-to-jpsoft-com-forums-login.140089/ That is more particular to this message, so best to track there.

I will say that manually going to the login page will display a message now rather than silently redirecting you. This is an intentional change.

Top Bottom