1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 User Group's Permission and User's Permission Inconsistency

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Shyuan, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi All,

My user group "Registered" has its own permissions in it. But if I go to List All Users > UsernameA > Permission, UsernameA's permissions are all set to "Not Set(No)". UsernameA is under the "Registered" user group, may I know why didn't his permissions follow the permission of "Registered"?

Thank you.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi Jake, thanks for your response. And I have seen your thread. Thanks for the link :)

So, as long as I do not touch the UsernameA's user permission (leaving them all as 'Not Set (No)'), then his permissions will basically follow the "Registered" permissions, unless I customize/change certain of UsernameA's permissions then his permissions will slightly be different from other "Registered" members? am I correct?

Thank you :)

4. Jake Bunce

Correct.

Shyuan likes this.
  5. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Thanks again. I accidentally a user permission. So it appears under the section "User Permissions". I find no way to remove it. May I know is that necessary to remove it via database or is there any way of doing it in admin panel? Thank you :)

CallieJo likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Change it to Not Set or Inherit (the gray one).

CallieJo and Shyuan like this.
  7. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Hi, noted and corrected! Thank you ;)

CallieJo likes this.
  8. CallieJo

CallieJo Active Member

You rock!