XF 1.4 User Group Promotions

Zynektic

Good morning,

Just to confirm, user group promotions adds them to the secondary usergroup and does not alter their primary usergroup meaning that I should restrict signatures in primary and allow them once promoted by x criteria in the secondary usergroup?

I have to set follow moderation to 'Not Set' on primary and 'Allow' on secondary when the secondary group has more permissions and does not moderate posts? and the secondary group should have a higher style property if using banners etc?

If I also have a Premium Usergroup, it must have a higher style property than the secondary group I created also to show that banner when not stacking banners?

Thanks

Last edited:
Just to confirm, user group promotions adds them to the secondary usergroup and does not alter their primary usergroup meaning that I should restrict signatures in primary and allow them once promoted by x criteria in the secondary usergroup?
Restrict as in using "not set (no)", but that's correct.

I have to set follow moderation to 'Not Set' on primary and 'Allow' on secondary when the secondary group has more permissions and does not moderate posts?
An allow overrides a not set, so that would remove the forced moderation.

If I also have a Premium Usergroup, it must have a higher style property than the secondary group I created also to show that banner when not stacking banners?
Correct. If you're only displaying one banner, it will be the first banner found (by highest priority, or staff if the user is one and you have it enabled).

Top Bottom