• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 User Group Promotions

Craig

Good morning to you all.
I am having an issue with User Group Promotions.
I have them set up as i believe them to be correct, but my members are not being automatically promoted when they reach the requisite post count.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Good evening to you! :)

When someone matches the criteria for a user promotion, it could be up to an hour before they are actually promoted.

This is because the process is completed by a Cron Entry (Admin CP > Tools > Cron Entries) that run at scheduled times to reduce load on the server.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As Chris said, it runs hourly. You may wish to manually run the cron after creating the promotion:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Cron Entries -> User Group Promotions -> Controls: Run

And even if you manually run the cron it only processes users who have been active in the last 3 days. If you want to process all users regardless of activity then you need to use this updated version of the cron:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cron-running-out-of-memory.31541/#post-362657

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.

Rudy

That will allow you to remove 'last_activity' => array('>', XenForo_Application::$time - 86400 * 3) from the file to process all users without memory problems.
That was perfect--I was scratching my head for awhile trying to figure out why I was running the user promotion cron job and only about an eighth of the users were being affected. Didn't know there was a 72 hour rule until I dug around the XF manual online. I made a copy of that file, downloaded the new one and made the edit and blew right through the users in no time.