XF 1.5 user group promotions

Huskermax

So we have on our board promotions that tie in to the time user has been a member. 2 year, 5 year, 10 year, 15 year so on so fourth.

So based on registration date the user is promoted to a user group assinged that banner. I do not have banner stacking on since I can't figure out how to remove the user from the past user group. If I put on banner stacking the 15 year users have all the banners below their name. Is their away to fix that?

Try using the 'User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups' criterion.

For the 2 year promotion for example, select the 5, 10, 15 year user groups.

Try using the 'User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups' criterion.

For the 2 year promotion for example, select the 5, 10, 15 year user groups.

They are still showing up. Can I set up a promotion that will remove the users from 2 year user group when they are promoted to the 5 year and so on?

No, you just need the promotion to not match. The explanation should work (by selecting the year-based groups for each promotion, other than the one representing the current promotion), though it may take multiple passes through the promotion system to reflect the changes as it will depend somewhat on processing order.

No, you just need the promotion to not match. The explanation should work (by selecting the year-based groups for each promotion, other than the one representing the current promotion), though it may take multiple passes through the promotion system to reflect the changes as it will depend somewhat on processing order.

I will try that and run the cron job a few times and see what happens. What is confusing is each promotion is also a user group, so when I select not a member of any of these groups they still are. So when a 2 year guy goes to 5 that person is still a member of the 2 year and now 5 year user group. So why would selecting not a member of the 2 year group drop the 2 year banner?

The way it works is as follows:

The 2 year promotion will add them to the 2 year user group, but only if they are not a member of the 5, 10, 15 year user groups.

The 5 year promotion will add them to the 5 year user group, but only if they are not a member of the 10, 15 year user groups, and so on.

So once a member has registered, when the 2 year point occurs, they will be promoted to the 2 year user group (as they are obviously not a member of the 5, 10, 15 year user groups).

After 5 years, they will be promoted to the 5 year user group.

The 2 year user group promotion will now no longer apply as they are a member of the 5 year user group, so they will be demoted.

Ok, is seems to be working on some of the banners. Like mine the 15 year banner is the only one showing up but on some of the other users still have all their banners.

On the Display Styling Priority should I set all users groups to 0 then set the year banners groups to 1-5 (2 year, 5, 10 and 15 year and lifetime member.)

Top Bottom