XF 2.1 User Group Promotions Not Working?

Hi all, help much appreciated.

I currently have a user group promotion turned on in which users with valid accounts and 5 posts get put into a secondary group called "Premium".

Settings as follows;
User Group Promotion:
- On
Add user to user groups:
- [tick] Premium
Apply this promotion while....
-[tick] User state is valid
-[tick] User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: Admin, Moderator.
-[tick] User has posted at least X messages: 4 (Setting it to 5 requires 6 posts lol)

Now for some reason, randomly this promotion fails to work. And randomly members are loosing the promotion they were once awarded too!

Any help much appreciated. :cry:

That shouldn't happen - I use 5 posts on my site and it works as expected.

What do the user change log entries look like for someone who is promoted and then demoted?

Appreciate your fast response Brogan, thank you!

Edit: Brogan I also had -[tick] User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: Premium! Could this be the issue? Just spotted it :rolleyes::cautious:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Edit: Brogan I also had -[tick] User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups: Premium! Could this be the issue? Just spotted it :rolleyes::cautious:
That would be it.

That causes the member to bounce in and out of the user group as once they get promoted, they then fall foul of the "not a member of premium" criterion, get demoted, then get promoted again, and so on.

I figured it may be something like that.

That would be it.

That causes the member to bounce in and out of the user group as once they get promoted, they then fall foul of the "not a member of premium" criterion, get demoted, then get promoted again, and so on.

I figured it may be something like that.

Ahh great! Sorry to waste your time due to my own incompetence! XenForo is great, taking me some to adjust however. Many thanks Brogan, very much appreciate your help. :)(y)

Top Bottom