User font preferences

Talking about the default editor font and colour or the default font/colour of the rest of the forum, e.g. posts?

Wish I had the time!

Was going to suggest custom user fields used in conditionals to load different CSS... something like:

<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Tahoma'">
<xen:require css="tahoma-font.css" />
<xen:elseif is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Comic Sans'" />
<xen:require css="comicsans-font.css" />
<xen:elseif is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Arial" />
<xen:require css="arial-font.css" />
</xen:if>

etc.

Wish I had the time!

Was going to suggest custom user fields used in conditionals to load different CSS... something like:

etc.
Still busy working on Ck Editor ?!

Wish I had the time!

etc.
I think I understand the principal of this, and if so it's exactly what I want, but I don't even begin to understand how to implement it. :(

Basically, some of my users hate the default Georgia font (although I love it), so I would love to give members the option to choose their default display font - i.e. not setting default options for how they post, rather choosing a font that posts are displayed in.

Can this be done? At the moment, the only way I can think of doing it is to duplicate my current Style, and set one to use serif fonts and the other to use sans-serif, then users can choose whichever they prefer. However, this is a very clunky way of doing it, and I'm inevitably going to have some people moaning that I've chosen the wrong fonts!

Any help appreciated. :)

Top Bottom