1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User font preferences

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by SouthDevonFishing, Oct 14, 2012.

1. I've spent a while scouring and searching to see if there is an add on that will allow users to save their font preferences. Is there such a thing at all?
    Thanks.

sforum and Adam Howard like this.
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of, but I'd like to support such a reasonable development

sforum and SouthDevonFishing like this.
  3. It would be a good add on, there are many of the users on my forum who like to have specifics to their font... Colour, italics etc.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Talking about the default editor font and colour or the default font/colour of the rest of the forum, e.g. posts?

Adam Howard likes this.
  5. Font/colour for the rest of the forum. So that users can set their preferences and then post in their chosen fonts without having to set it up every time they post.

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Font type
    color
    size

Interesting in picking up a small project Christ Deeming?

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Wish I had the time!

Was going to suggest custom user fields used in conditionals to load different CSS... something like:

<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Tahoma'">
    <xen:require css="tahoma-font.css" />
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Comic Sans'" />
    <xen:require css="comicsans-font.css" />
    <xen:elseif is="{$visitor.customFields.font} == 'Arial" />
    <xen:require css="arial-font.css" />
    </xen:if>

etc.

8. Adam Howard

Still busy working on Ck Editor ?!

9. I am guessing there is more to it than just repeating that script with all the different variables?

10. sforum

sforum Active Member

I think I understand the principal of this, and if so it's exactly what I want, but I don't even begin to understand how to implement it. :(

Basically, some of my users hate the default Georgia font (although I love it), so I would love to give members the option to choose their default display font - i.e. not setting default options for how they post, rather choosing a font that posts are displayed in.

Can this be done? At the moment, the only way I can think of doing it is to duplicate my current Style, and set one to use serif fonts and the other to use sans-serif, then users can choose whichever they prefer. However, this is a very clunky way of doing it, and I'm inevitably going to have some people moaning that I've chosen the wrong fonts!

Any help appreciated. :)