1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Avatars, Getting Members to Add One!

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by bloop, Jul 8, 2015.

  1. bloop

    bloop Member

    I have a lot users who don't care at all about updating their avatar pictures and this often leads to bland looking threads with default avatar pics. I'm curious, how do some of you combat this issue and what do you do to encourage members to upload an avatar?
  2. imthebest

    imthebest Formerly Super120

    Create a notice and set the criteria for "user doesn't have an avatar". It certainly isn't magic but helps ;)
    bloop likes this.
  3. Russ

    Russ Well-Known Member

    Make the default avatar picture something obnoxious so they feel obligated to change it :)
  4. Optic

    Optic Well-Known Member


    I've found using a variation of your forum logo works best. (y)

    JABRONI Well-Known Member

    Yeah, just tell them to do it with a notice like this,

    "Hey, I noticed you don't have an avatar. Why don't you go set one?


    wedgar and RichardGaspa like this.
  6. RichardGaspa

    RichardGaspa Active Member

    Creating a notice certainly worked for me. After that I sent a private PM and it worked most of the time. I ended up with about a 90% custom avatar rating. A custom avatar made the site look so much pleasing to the eye than a default avatar. The other 10% I uploaded a avatar to their account which I felt represented them the best. If they didn't like it, they could always upload hire own.
  7. 51463

    51463 Well-Known Member

    I have done nothing to solve that issue.

    I will force users to upload an avatar during registration with this add-on.
    Beta - GoodForNothing Avatar On Registration

    but it's in beta right now, and it has bugs, so i wouldn't use it yet.

    as soon as its working perfect, i think this would be a perfect solution.
    RichardGaspa likes this.
  8. RichardGaspa

    RichardGaspa Active Member

    Great idea. Looking forward to giving it a spin when it comes out of beta.
    51463 likes this.

Share This Page