Cannot reproduce User approval queue doesn't take into account User value

W1zzard

Affected version
/approval-queue/ shows only posts, despite the user having the permission set manually via "User permissions"

ykuufvaxdd.jpg

\XF::visitor()->canApproveRejectUser() returns false

This is on an upgraded 1.5 installation if that makes any difference.

If I change the Administrative user group to have the "Approve / reject users" permission then the users are displayed correctly.

That sounds like a permissions cache issue, but bear in mind the admin in question would also need to be a moderator.

Given that this appears to be a permission cache issue, then it would appear to be a more general issue. However, we do trigger a permission rebuild when upgrading, so I'm not sure what would cause this. I believe if it were a general bug, we would have seen issues with various new permissions that 2.0 comes with (like the inline mod permission).

Has anyone else been able to reproduce any "missing" permissions after upgrading to 2.0? Ideally, we'd need some sort of reproduction steps.

Could this be related to my clustered setup somehow? ie opcache not getting cleared on all nodes?
When I tested this, the opcache was cleared though (right after upgrade and several times afterward).

If you can think of something you'd like me to look at / test I can restore my test db dump once more and upgrade.

There isn't really anything specific, though if it can be reproduced reliably then it might be worth us getting access to that database to do some more testing.

Top Bottom