User Activity Tracking for the Classroom

Hello

I will be using Xenforo for my college classes I teach. I want to know if there is an add-on for tracking the activity of users. I want to base their grades on how active and helpful they are in the community.

Any suggestions?

Dustin

Hello

I will be using Xenforo for my college classes I teach. I want to know if there is an add-on for tracking the activity of users. I want to base their grades on how active and helpful they are in the community.

Any suggestions?

Dustin

Interesting concept. What would you class as activity however? Just being logged in or typing and making posts.

Maybe something such as advanced post ratings, to grade each post on its "helpfulness" would be an option?

Interesting concept. What would you class as activity however? Just being logged in or typing and making posts.

Maybe something such as advanced post ratings, to grade each post on its "helpfulness" would be an option?

Unless you have the ability to be completely logged out on inactivity, would the first work? I have done online classes, and they used the simple "post" as activity thing...

I like the second idea... or a variation of.

Is there a points system add on that would work? I just found a points system add on but I don't know if it is the best for my needs. How do I prevent students from posting bogus info and spam just so it helps them accumulate points?

Is there a points system add on that would work? I just found a points system add on but I don't know if it is the best for my needs. How do I prevent students from posting bogus info and spam just so it helps them accumulate points?

You can of course warn them and remove their posts, since that'll subtract the points given to the student for that post.

Suggest you treat it like plagiarism or other serious misconduct.
Make it prominently available as a policy.

If someone is found posting rubbish it gets them a small minus grade which pulls down other grades.

Top Bottom