User Activity by Xon

User Activity by Xon 2.13.2

No permission to download
I am using the RainDD User activity on xf 1.5. Will the information import over to this version when I update to XF 2 and also update to this addon?

Mostly, but that comes down to permissions being migrated. The actual 'recent viewed' data will be discarded, if nothing else because the upgrade should take longer than 15 minutes.

This add-on doesn't show the 'users who have read this' information, but that is from XenForo's read tracking (which naturally expires over time)

I used both APCu and Redis on my busy server and found that APCu is much faster than Redis. could you configure this addon to work with APCu?

APCu is prone to deadlocks (leaving php-fpm in an unusable state) and has vastly worse performance as the number of keys increase. I strongly do not recommend it.

@Xon I really appreciate your plugins!!
Could you please provide a foolproof integration of Redis with this plugin?
The readme isn't helpful at all, it says "install redis plugin and go", but this it not helpful, it lacks exact config settings at all.
I want to enable Redis only for this plugin, so please provide exact config settings for this, without enabling redis for the whole board?

This add-on has very few tunables, it is basically install redis and install the add-on. If you only want to use redis for this add-on, this can be done with the "cache context" that XF2.1+ supports.

This sort of configuration should work;
PHP:
$config['cache']['context']['userActivity']['provider'] = 'SV\RedisCache\Redis';
$config['cache']['context']['userActivity']['config']  = [
        'server' => '127.0.0.1',
        'port' => 6379,
];

I strongly recommend using a caching provider (memcache or redis) for the main cache section.

I just installed the add-on and spontaneously asked three questions:

1. Why do I see nothing as an admin?

2. The phrase {content_type} is written in lower case ("forum"). But I want it big ("Forum"). Where can I change that?

3. What kind of setting is recommended under "Thread contribute limit"?

Last edited:
Thank you, sbj. Question number one has been clarified and resolved.

Unfortunately not the other two yet.

Under phrases I can only replace the green text.

"Users who are viewing this {content_type}"

But not the red one. Where do I replace it? (once it stands for "forum" and once for "theme")

I guess it is "forum" in the phrases system. 1614561903185.webp

Try it and see if it is the one. You have to search the phrases system yourself and change things according to your tastes.

The phrase is 'forum', you can see this in the template modification "Adds activity containers (list)" for the forum_view template

Changing the phrase "forum" doesn't help me. If I capitalize the word, it will still appear lowercase to me in the forum itself.

I think the phrases "content_type" and "svUserActivity_users_who_are_viewing_this_x" might be relevant?

Again: I want to have "Forum" and "Themes" written in capital letters. Unfortunately, that doesn't work yet.

Changing the phrase "forum" doesn't help me. If I capitalize the word, it will still appear lowercase to me in the forum itself.

I think the phrases "content_type" and "svUserActivity_users_who_are_viewing_this_x" might be relevant?

Again: I want to have "Forum" and "Themes" written in capital letters. Unfortunately, that doesn't work yet.
Unfortunately i was still not able to solve the problem. I would be really grateful for an effective solution.

I noticed the following thing that bothers me: the number of readers is included in the search engine results. That doesn't look really nice. Can that be prevented?

Top Bottom