• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

User Account Reminder / we miss you ...

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
I'd be interested in this too, imagine (hope) it will be a default feature in a future xf stable release?
Ability to set email templates to specific timelines would be ideal, ie. 7 days inactive send email x. etc.

I've started coding this:

It will send a mail to all users which weren't active in the last x days(option) on every 1. of the month..
Only need the phrases:D and some additional features..(to only send the mail once, and not every month)

Will you ensure you keep the users who have indicated not to appreciate mails from the site from getting these mails?

Will you ensure you keep the users who have indicated not to appreciate mails from the site from getting these mails?
in leap years and full moon days yes, otherwise not *scnr*

probably as option.
that's of the scenarios, where i don't care if the user wants a mail or not.^^

Not a good idea.
If you have tens of thousands of users, why would you want to send all those emails on 1 day out of 30? Distribute the load over all 30 days.
But sometimes it's good messaging all your old members to to give your forum an extra boost. Or is there already an option to do so? (emailing all member that haven't been back since [date])

But sometimes it's good messaging all your old members to to give your forum an extra boost.

I wasn't against his addon but against the solution to mail the members only on the 1st. Look what part of his message I quoted :)

You're right, misplaced quote. ;) Just wanted to know if there is such option already and if not, if it could be implemented within this mod.

in leap years and full moon days yes, otherwise not *scnr*

probably as option.
that's of the scenarios, where i don't care if the user wants a mail or not.^^

you need to, otherwise its against the law, at least at your country :)

you need to, otherwise its against the law, at least at your country :)
yes and no

AFAIK i'm allowed to warn them that i'll delete there account in xx days, if they don't visit the site again. (IANAL but i learn this in e-commerce)

here we gooo..

anybody here with an e-mail testing environment who wants to test this??
all my tests happened on "small boards" (max 100 uses) and it's working fine, but i have no clue how it's working for big boards and i don't want to release this without testing

I'd like to see this too, but with some flexibility on how often the emails go out, when they go out, and easily edit the content of the emails. For example, I might like to have it so that an email is sent out to a member after they have not visited the site for four weeks. Then send them a different email if they haven't visited for six months.

Another interesting way to do this would be that it would email a member who hasn't visited the site for XX days, but it the admin could have five different versions of the email. The software would randomly choose which version of the email to send them. Next time it would randomly choose one of the four that the member hadn't received before, and so on until they've received all of the versions.

I'd like to see this too, but with some flexibility on how often the emails go out, when they go out, and easily edit the content of the emails. For example, I might like to have it so that an email is sent out to a member after they have not visited the site for four weeks. Then send them a different email if they haven't visited for six months.
That's also on my todo list:)

I'm sending 2 mails and then i send a other one where i warn the user that i'll delete his account in 1 week...

I'm not terribly sure if this is the right place to put this..

but for us the Happy Birthday emails were upbeat, and quite well received while we were using vb3.x...

Top Bottom