• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

User Account Reminder / we miss you ...

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Heh. I actually started work on a Happy Birthday Thread mod. I was wrestling with one issue, but think I have a solution for that. If time allows it, I will see if I can finish it within the weekend.

Heh. I actually started work on a Happy Birthday Thread mod.
That would be great if it also incorporated a sidebar block displaying current birthdays.

The existing add-on which does that has been abandoned unfortunately.

Yay!

Oh wait, is it free or premium? *scnr* :D

I contacted the author about it last week and he informed me he was no longer supporting his add-ons.

Which author is that, Brogan? I have the sidebar thing from Jaxel, but that's about it. I prolly could easily add a new block to the sidebar displaying the birthday boys and gals.

Oh wait, is it free or premium?
To clerify this, because people ask this always per conversation => The "big add-ons" where i need to give much support and which needs several hours/days for coding are released on ragtek.org because it's easier to track the bugs & suggestions, everything else is available here @ xenforo.com ;)
Also i don't sell my add-ons there, all premium members have access to ALL released add-ons, so i "sell" only the access.....

Someone please test it :)

I would but my xF site is a small one and ragtek needs some big boards to test it out.

The thing about "inactive emails" or "reminder emails" is that they're not engaging. The user hasn't visited for a reason (they didn't like the community, they forgot, they got pissed off, etc). Just saying something like, "Hey, did you forget about us? Cause we didn't forget about you." doesn't cut it.

Newsletters work well because they contain information. They engage the reader. They're not as easily dismissed as reminder emails.

Now, somehow combine the two and you have a winning combination. Create a newsletter or an engaging email, then send it to those that haven't visited your community in 30, 60, 120 days (w/e). "WOW" them back to your community.

The thing about "inactive emails" or "reminder emails" is that they're not engaging. The user hasn't visited for a reason (they didn't like the community, they forgot, they got pissed off, etc). Just saying something like, "Hey, did you forget about us? Cause we didn't forget about you." doesn't cut it.

Newsletters work well because they contain information. They engage the reader. They're not as easily dismissed as reminder emails.

Now, somehow combine the two and you have a winning combination. Create a newsletter or an engaging email, then send it to those that haven't visited your community in 30, 60, 120 days (w/e). "WOW" them back to your community.
I don't think so.

If i didn't visit a community for > 6 months, i don't care about the last 10 topics and the newest 5 members and only because of these data, i'll not visit the community again.
If i'm interessted in the topic of the community, i'll check it again, if not then not

BUT it shouldn't be hard to create a second add-on which manipulates this and which inserts the last posts;)
Maybe i'll code it too, but for that's i have a seperate add-on

my 0.02€

You're .02¢ is welcomed. Discussion and collaboration is what makes this community special.

Yeah, "last 10 topics and the newest 5 members" is not what I was talking about. The newsletter we're currently writing includes:
  • Our growth over the past seven years
  • New plans for podcast (linking back to the podcasts)
  • Story and updates about Bryan Stow (linking back to the forum for further updates)
  • Safety tip teaser (more information back in the forum)
  • etc
Again, it's all about engagement, not just links and stats.

Top Bottom