1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use uncompressed files from js/xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Earl, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Earl

Earl Member

It's still loading the minified javascript files even if I choose this in debug options.

Capture.JPG

Am I supposed to backup the /js/ directory (In case I lose my minified versions) and copy all files from:
    Code:
    /js/xenforo/full
    to
    Code:
    /js/xenforo/
    ??

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Each of the choices in that option reflect what the situation is, not necessarily what you want it to be. If the uncompressed files are in js/xenforo/full/, you want to select that option (the second one).

3. Earl

Earl Member

Hello @Mike ,
    Thanks for the fast response!

In my development environment, I'd like to use uncompressed files from /js/xenforo (the last option just like in my previous posts attachment)

so is it safe if I
    1. move every uncompressed .js file from /js/xenforo to /js/xenforo/min/ ?
    2. and then select that last option?

So I can exclude that /js/xenforo/min/ folder from my IDE

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  4. Earl

Earl Member

I'm asking this because I can see @Kier has the uncompressed .js file in this video

@ 9.23

And my IDE get confused because of these two versions (minified and original)

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can move the files around if you wish, though you'll need to do this each time you upgrade. Bear in mind that our development version is somewhat different than the downloadable packages.

Earl likes this.