URLJet, Status?

ENF

Just curious, anyone here still on URLJet?

http://www.urljet.com/

- Their domain expired today.
- Support link is dead

I'm not using them for hosting of any type, but I've referred people there and things are looking a little fishy.

I'm just saying a host should not be forgetting to renew their domains..it kind of comes with the territory. Godaddy does send you an email when your domain is expiring.

I wasn't aware that URLJet was having any problems, nothing negative on the radar and had been one of the more reliable hosts for forums.

At least from Japan at this moment, the URLJet home page loads but the Support links are dead.

Not sure what to make of it, just have to wait and see. God, this is another reason I love co-location with my own stuff...

Companies go out of business everyday in this world, URL was a reseller I believe so they had little back end investment.

That's fine and dandy and I am aware of that but....if people had contracted hosting through them....how are they getting into their accounts...is their hosted site still up and can they backup their site and get it out of there. This is what I am wondering.

I wasn't aware that URLJet was having any problems, nothing negative on the radar and had been one of the more reliable hosts for forums.

At least from Japan at this moment, the URLJet home page loads but the Support links are dead.

Not sure what to make of it, just have to wait and see. God, this is another reason I love co-location with my own stuff...
Colo is great if you can afford it and a Datacenter is close enough to you to be worth it... We used to use it for a modified server with a dissembled xbox inside so we could host hacked halo2 matches using a usb control board to the controller switches, a custom app to control the usb card and KVMoIP to remotely control it, but then when halo 3 was released our user #s went down so there was no point in keeping it up for the 200 a month it was. Some awesome gamer from Germany listed for me everything I needed to do it so we could have two dedi's one in Germany one in Eastern US. Was the best when I actually had a use for Colo.

All seems good on my end

Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 12.57.40 AM.webp Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 12.58.03 AM.webp Screen shot 2011-03-09 at 1.01.03 AM.webp

Colo is great if you can afford it and a Datacenter is close enough to you to be worth it... We used to use it for a modified server with a dissembled xbox inside so we could host hacked halo2 matches using a usb control board to the controller switches, a custom app to control the usb card and KVMoIP to remotely control it, but then when halo 3 was released our user #s went down so there was no point in keeping it up for the 200 a month it was. Some awesome gamer from Germany listed for me everything I needed to do it so we could have two dedi's one in Germany one in Eastern US. Was the best when I actually had a use for Colo.

Rackspace here is just flat outrageous in price. As of now I rent space & pipes on the east and west coast of North America. I have local hands-on if something breaks and I usually cross through those towns where the data centers are at least once a year. So it works for me on a cost:benefit:risk scale, at least for now.

@Brett Peters - thanks for your post.

Guess I'll head to bed, don't see XF 1.0 yet, either.

Rackspace here is just flat outrageous in price. As of now I rent space & pipes on the east and west coast of North America. I have local hands-on if something breaks and I usually cross through those towns where the data centers are at least once a year. So it works for me on a cost:benefit:risk scale, at least for now.

@Brett Peters - thanks for your post.

Guess I'll head to bed, don't see XF 1.0 yet, either.

I would love to have co-location, it is in the NL even more affordable than the cheap (compared to US prices) dedicated boxes I get from leaseweb.com

However, if I have a hardware failure or network issue .. It's them with the professional expertises that can fix it.
Rather than me having to get out of bed, find a way to get there, pay for access pass (some providers require that) and figuring out what it is. Ordering parts, and investing in replacements, etc.

Nah, until my site has 2500+ online users and is a registered business, co-location is overkill for me, too expensive when things go wrong, and too time consuming to work with.

Dedicated is fine for now. And with cloud computing, easy to expand upon.

Don't get me wrong...I would love to have colo again...but like you said Floris for me personally I couldn't justify it anymore...I used to host hundreds of games but now even my vps's are too much to justify so I often find myself offering out server resources to friends. Ain't that a *****...the only thing I'm missing is a reason :unsure:

What are prices like out there I am curious...also you guys seem to have fast residential connections out there. I know two girls out there and when gaming their pings would actually read a lower latency that people only a couple miles away from me? My logic here is that if residential has speeds across the country like these girls...what is commercial like. For instance, I had set someone up with a Gbit connected server based in Europe...it was cheaper than a 100 Mbit here with bursting for similar hardwares on both packages. Hence why I wonder prices to speed.

I've actually used them in the past and had marvelous service and am thinking of moving back. Been in discussions with them on the Helpdesk with no issues and have pointed one of their rep's to this thread...maybe they'll post an official response.

It could just be a simple issue...and that's probably smart John...as they would be the only one capable at this point of telling what is wrong.

Top Bottom