URLJet, Status?

I was just coming back to post that I got a text from someone saying the domain had been renewed... so yay... hope everything is ok now.

I'll reply later about the colo stuff, too sleepy to write decently....

I've actually used them in the past and had marvelous service and am thinking of moving back. Been in discussions with them on the Helpdesk with no issues and have pointed one of their rep's to this thread...maybe they'll post an official response.
It could just be a simple issue...and that's probably smart John...as they would be the only one capable at this point of telling what is wrong.
Yup simple issue..since they use godaddy they should setup auto renewal that would make things like this not happen ever even though it was really nothing

Back Up here: http://www.urljet.com/

That is good news !!

We do need a statement from the firm now, explaining if they are a large reseller or what their real status is !!

Company Overview »

http://www.urljet.com/company-overview.php

URLJet specializes in high performance web hosting solutions for forum owners around the world. While our passion is clearly hosting and supporting vBulletin, we can host other forum platforms as well. Every account comes with true hourly automatic backup solutions to make sure your data is safe and secure. Whether you have a small forum with a couple hundred members or a mega forum with over 100,000 members, we have a solution.

vBulletin Dedicated servers, virtual private servers, and shared web hosting is what we do best.

As one of the world’s premier forum web hosts, our goal is to provide innovative solutions that satisfy our clients ever evolving needs. We understand our long term success depends on providing world class network reliability, and great customer service.

Since the beginning in 2003, we have backed our clients with a robust infrastructure, the best customer service and superior technical support. A common misconception about the technology industry is “it's all machines”- not at URLJet. Although our data center partners and infrastructure are second to none, we are successful because we are committed to unparalleled 24x7 Impressive Support. Forum owners across the globe have entrusted us with their data. URLJet boasts and guarantees 99.9% network uptime which we have fulfilled for 4 years in a row.

We are meticulous in handling all the little details so you can relax and build your vBulletin community. Our down to earth company culture offers one-on-one attention you just can't get from a cheap hosting company. Hosting vBulletin forums is our passion and we base our business model and personal livelihoods on making sure your experience with URLJet is second to none. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to a select group of clientele who need and appreciate a full-service professional hosting experience. If we can help make you successful we know in the log run we'll be successful.

I would like to say that URLJet are not resellers, and do own their servers in a datacentre facility.

As a long time URLJet customer and also the admin of the URLJet support forums can concur with the quoted post. URLJet does have their own servers in a datacenter located in the Midwest US. They have a dedicated staff person on site as well.

I sent the owner a single word email containing "Autorenew" in 36pt bolded red just to be a bit of a smartass.

Apologies to anyone affected….
The domain has been renewed and the desk should be available for everyone.
So much for relying on auto renewal….We thought about renewing for months but always came back to , ‘It is on auto renew” and never manually renewed….
Well it was on auto renew but for some reason the renew date was set for 5 days after the expiration date. The oversight has been corrected with a long term solution..

So much for relying on auto renewal….We thought about renewing for months but always came back to , ‘It is on auto renew” and never manually renewed….
Well it was on auto renew but for some reason the renew date was set for 5 days after the expiration date. The oversight has been corrected with a long term solution..

Actually I can reason with this, my registrar had auto-renew on on all my domains and one expired, they didn't autorenew and I lost the domain. Lesson to be learnt, DO NOT autorenew. When you get the warning email about expiry, just go renew and then check on the expiry date.

that will do it ..DAMN YOU TIMEZONES! But it brings up the valid usefulness of having admins and mods in various time locations for a site intended for global viewing. Without him it could have been hours until you got wind and that might have created a panic for some clients. All in all nice save. Besides, I have seen in the past the problem come up where you don't renew your domain fast enough and to recover it from the 30 days grace is like 400% the cost of 1 yr renewal. Insane for a matter of days.

Thank you for joining and explaining. (y)

If you are the top guy, I talked to you many moons ago about your service on the phone, I believe your web page said something about Apache even though you use Lite Speed. I was using vb at the time.

Thank you for joining and explaining. (y)

If you are the top guy, I talked to you many moons ago about your service on the phone, I believe your web page said something about Apache even though you use Lite Speed. I was using vb at the time.

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, the basic compilation is Apache. Litespeed could be likened to a modifying overlay that allows us to switch back and forth between the two, if needed.

We've watched your progress with interest. Actually, XenForo is the reason we started working mysqli into the compilation, a while back.
I hope that wasn't too much of a shameless plug...from now on its :censored:

Uh oh. Not only is my site down right now, but I can't reach URLJet, either.

Ruh roh, raggy!

Back up. And just in case you think I was imagining things...

urljet.webp

Top Bottom