Fixed URL unforul and Line break

sip

Affected version
2.1 Beta 4
Add two or more URL's that do not unfurl -- one on each line
Save
The post shows all URLs in one line so have to be edited again to get the line breaks.

I am seeing this happen on the forum as well as conversations on our install.
Not sure why. Will try more and see if this is happening with some specific set of links.

The style is default.
Disabling all Add-ons looks a bit difficult as can't disable a few that control paid access etc.

That is sorted now, it is related to this bug:

And, speaking of which, I suspect this bug is related to that too. @sip if you could try and reproduce the issue here and see if you can, that would be appreciated. Honestly, I was unable to reproduce it in the first place, but this is the only thing that seems similar.

Let us know if the issue persists, otherwise we'll just assume it's related to the above bug.

Here are the two url's that I tried on our forum and they are internal links but with following pre-conditions for thread content view:

1. Logged in
  2. Account Upgraded.

Following observed:
The two url's were on a single line after posting. They were posted as a reply just like here.
Clicked EDIT and the same happened to show on separate lines in edit mode.
Saved again (without doing any formatting) and they appeared on separate lines.

Here are the two url's that I tried on our forum and they are internal links but with following pre-conditions for thread content view:

1. Logged in
  2. Account Upgraded.

Following observed:
The two url's were on a single line after posting. They were posted as a reply just like here.
So, it reproduced here also. And, as we see in this reply they appear on separate lines (perhaps as a quote is simulating edit)

1. Logged in
  2. Account Upgraded.

Following observed:
So, it reproduced here also. And, as we see in this reply they appear on separate lines (perhaps as a quote is simulating edit)
Are you seeing this in a particular browser. You’re suggesting that the two links are on the same line, but they aren’t. They appear the same to me when viewing as editing/quoting.

Do you have a Screenshot?

Are you seeing this in a particular browser. You’re suggesting that the two links are on the same line, but they aren’t. They appear the same to me when viewing as editing/quoting.

Do you have a Screenshot?
I think I have found the reason probably. It's the Grammarly browser add-on which is causing this. I disabled it for my forum and posting went fine. Just for testing purpose (as Grammarly is on for this post) I am posting the same two links to see if the issue is reproduced. If it does, I will take a SS and post a reply.

If the error doesn't reproduce, then this may pl be ignored.

Ok it is reproduced again. Here's the screenshot as i see immediately after posting:
Browser: Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If I just edit and save (w/o doing anything) my previous post the line-break comes back fine.
In fact, even if there's a reply after that post the line break shows fine.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.1.0 Beta 5).

Change log:
Try to retain failed unfurled as "block" links to avoid them joining up on the same line under certain conditions.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

I was about to check for a report on this myself. I just made a post in our test forum where I had the post written as one line, one blank, one URL on a line by itself, one blank, one text line, one blank, one URL by itself, etc., and the line breaks after the URL eliminated the immediately following blank lines. If your fix sorted this type of issue, it's all good. Just seemed to be related. :)

Which rendered as this:

Top Bottom