1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 url pointing

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Brad P, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Brad P

Brad P Active Member

hello please can someone help me, i have just installed the lovely Xenforo :) i have put all the files into the public html folder, when i type www.domian.co.uk it changes to www.domain.co.uk/index.php now is there a way of removing the index.php?

also i would like it to do this www.domain.co.uk/forums when i click on the forums tap in the nav bar

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Enable Friendly URLs - see the help manual for how to do that.

If you want the installation to be in the forums directory then you will need to move it there.

Brad P likes this.
  3. Brad P

Brad P Active Member

many thanks Brogan, in regards to the forums i would need to make a forums folder in the public html and put all the files into there? so it will show the home as domain.co.uk and when i click the forums tab it will say domain.co.uk/forums ?

4. Brogan

Yes, correct.

Be aware though that the forums route will have a double forums.
    For example, this site is installed in the community folder, so the URL is: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/troubleshooting-and-problems.24/

If it was installed in the forums folder the URL would be http://xenforo.com/forums/forums/troubleshooting-and-problems.24/

5. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

I've been wondering since I first installed my forum, what is the norm or what do most Xenforo forum owners do, leave it at index.php, or enable friendly URLs? I noticed keeping my site at index.php Google has index my site without the index.php after the domain name

6. Brogan

It is entirely personal preference.

7. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation Brogan, appreciate it !