XF 1.5 Urgent, getting spammed.

ignorant

I was working for a company for which I created a forum other people continue managing. They report strong SPAM. They didn't manage to solve the problem and asked for help so yesterday I installed an Antispam by CleanTalk. It didn't anything, today more ******** was posted.
Do you know for any free solution?. I left the spam today on the forum, so you can see it.

Thank you for your help.

I've found 'TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations' to work really well. A very powerful tool, if you take the time to customise it to what works well for you.

I like to automatically moderate the first 5 posts by any user with a disposable email. There's tons of disposable email lists, I've found this one to be constantly updated, free and covers all the most used providers: https://github.com/wesbos/burner-email-providers/blob/master/emails.txt

If you see certain patterns for spammer, e.g. same country, ASN, add those into your filters.

Good luck :)

I've found 'TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations' to work really well. A very powerful tool, if you take the time to customise it to what works well for you.

I like to automatically moderate the first 5 posts by any user with a disposable email. There's tons of disposable email lists, I've found this one to be constantly updated, free and covers all the most used providers: https://github.com/wesbos/burner-email-providers/blob/master/emails.txt

If you see certain patterns for spammer, e.g. same country, ASN, add those into your filters.

Good luck :)

Thank you for answering.When trying to setup TPU i get "
just managed to install TPU, will update

Thank you.

Last edited:
@Tai Coromandel I installed TPU, but spam continued today. Im not really a xenforo expert and Im not used to this forum since time ago.
Can you please tell me instructions about how to integrate the list of deposable emails?. I see on TPU something may be the place to put it but I dont know how to add the whole list in an non manual way.
I also configured it to check the first 5 posts, maybe the quantity decreased,

THank you.

I went into ACP > Options > Spam Management when we first started and signed up for every possible Spam option in there. Once I had what I needed to configure each option I did so and we rarely have any issues to speak of. The only option I passed on was setting up a honeypot on our website, but other than that the default, out-of-the-box options have worked very well for us!

Top Bottom