1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 URGENT: 500 error register/register

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by xenTheory, Feb 7, 2014.

1. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Suddenly registration stopped working. After a user has entered all information and clicks register all they see is 'an expected database error occurred'.

I've tried to:

• Repair the database using phpmyadmin
    • Check error_log
    • Disabled all addons
    • Check apache logs
    • Submit a ticket to cPanel support for them to check any logs and updates which might cause the problem
    Nothing else appears to be broken, apart from user registration. The forum is up and running, people can post, login etc but just not register. I've disabled addons and all anti-spam option in the User Register options.

Any ideas at all? You can test it out by going here
  2. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I've tested on a development installation I have on the same domain - it appears to work. I'm now totally stumped.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Inspecting the page shows this error:
    <!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->
    You may want to try with all add-ons disabled.
    You seem to have a non standard timer on the registration page at least.
  4. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

Hi @Brogan

Thank you for the reply. It's odd - I've tried disabling the add-ons again, this time one by one and found that - for some reason - [bd] Tag Me & [Extra License] New User Conversation appear to be causing the issue. No idea why this started but once those are both disabled registration seems to work again.

Very confusing as no changes have been made at all - also the registration timer is the built in function in XF.
  5. Brogan

Contact the developers and let them know.
  6. xenTheory

xenTheory Active Member

I will certainly do that, but can you think of a reason why the error might suddenly just occur? I know that's a pretty vague question so please accept my apologies.
  7. Brogan

Unfortunately I have no idea as I don't use either of those add-ons.
  8. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Maybe check that you are on the latest version of both those two add ons, as there may have been updates to them.
  9. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Then most probably "[Extra License] New User Conversation" is the reason of it.