XF 1.2 URGENT: 500 error register/register

xenTheory

Suddenly registration stopped working. After a user has entered all information and clicks register all they see is 'an expected database error occurred'.

I've tried to:

• Repair the database using phpmyadmin
  • Check error_log
  • Disabled all addons
  • Check apache logs
  • Submit a ticket to cPanel support for them to check any logs and updates which might cause the problem
Nothing else appears to be broken, apart from user registration. The forum is up and running, people can post, login etc but just not register. I've disabled addons and all anti-spam option in the User Register options.

Any ideas at all? You can test it out by going here

Inspecting the page shows this error:
Code:
<!-- Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away -->

You may want to try with all add-ons disabled.
You seem to have a non standard timer on the registration page at least.

Hi @Brogan

Thank you for the reply. It's odd - I've tried disabling the add-ons again, this time one by one and found that - for some reason - [bd] Tag Me & [Extra License] New User Conversation appear to be causing the issue. No idea why this started but once those are both disabled registration seems to work again.

Very confusing as no changes have been made at all - also the registration timer is the built in function in XF.

Hi @Brogan

Thank you for the reply. It's odd - I've tried disabling the add-ons again, this time one by one and found that - for some reason - [bd] Tag Me & [Extra License] New User Conversation appear to be causing the issue. No idea why this started but once those are both disabled registration seems to work again.

Very confusing as no changes have been made at all - also the registration timer is the built in function in XF.

Maybe check that you are on the latest version of both those two add ons, as there may have been updates to them.

Hi @Brogan

Then most probably "[Extra License] New User Conversation" is the reason of it.

Top Bottom