1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browser Issue Uploads don't work in Chrome & Linux

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Morgan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Morgan

Morgan Active Member

Using Chrome 17 & 18 I have not been able to upload specifically releases to my resources while using Chrome on my Linux laptop. However, with the same OS using Firefox this is not an issue. The file selection properly works and appears to be uploading, however it never finishes.
  2. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

From a networked drive ?
  3. Morgan

Morgan Active Member

The file is on my local drive. All of this works just fine in Firefox but not Chrome (which is what I normally use -- except to upload files on XenForo).
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

I wonder if Linux uses the Flash uploader ? - looks like it does.
  5. Morgan

Morgan Active Member

Yes it does (as far as I noticed) and checking the "Find version" site from Adobe indicates they are both using the exact same version.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What Linux distro?

Flash is kind of crappy to begin with. And I remember having performance and crashing problems when using flash in Debian (back when I was using that OS). My own limited experience is that flash has problems in Linux. Given that experience I am inclined to dismiss this as a flash problem and not a XenForo problem. I can try to test this but I don't have a linux box setup at the moment.
  7. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I know on mine, newest chrome, Ubuntu 11.04 and flash they work just fine. Might be a specific build/OS issue.
  8. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Can not confirm here using

Windows 7
    Mac OS (Apple)
    Debian 6
    Debian 7 Alpha 1
    Ubuntu 11.04
    Ubuntu 12.04
    Mint Ubuntu / Mint Debian (current on both)

Using Google Chrome 16, 17, 18, 19
    Floren and Jake Bunce like this.
  9. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Are you are uploading to a development version of your site behind a password protected directory?
    TheVisitors likes this.
  10. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Confirmed to be an issue by other users, on Fedora 16 and Chrome 19.