• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Uploading Large Pics Using Demo

I'm experimenting with the Demo and trying to upload 7-10 MB pics. I changed the max upload size to 1,000,000KB - but still getting the error that they are too big.

What am I doing wrong?

Jeremy P

This value also depends on the server settings I think. The demo server might not be configured for uploads that large.

That said, given you configure your server correctly, XenForo can handle 7-10mb file uploads fine.

If you need to have a higher limit you can usually just change that through the php.ini file. Search for post_max_size and change it to post_max_size = xxxM So, post_max_size is the limit for all the content upload of your post. Note that remember to reset httpd server after edit php.ini
I thought that might be the case - but I thought I should confirm. I did see on this forum it is possible.

However, I wished to do more experimenting in this regard and preferred to do so on the Demo - unless there were restrictions.