XF 1.5 Uploading pics to the forum

Hi!

First of all I've been looking for this doubt but I haven't fount it.

Is there any way to re-sample automatically the pics uploaded to the forum?

Almost a 50% of my users are using my forum with his smartphones so I have a size limit and they can't upload the pics. Is there any add on or option that I can install and re-sample automatically that pics?

Thanks a lot.

Yes. In the Attachment options, there's the "Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions" setting. Set this to something smaller and it will automatically resize images to fix within those dimensions. So for example, I have mine set to 1024 x 1024, meaning that any uploaded images will be resized so that the maximum dimension either portrait or landscape will be 1024px. I also have my Maximum Attachment File Size set to 1024Kb. So images will then be resized automatically.

An example of how this affects images - one of mine (4032 x 3024 12.2MP image with a file size of 4.5Mb) was uploaded and it was reduced to 1024 x 768 with a file size of 177.8Kb.

Sorry for disturbing you but I have some doubts.

The first field in the Attachments section is the max. file size one... Do i have to set it in zero?

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-23 a las 10.27.36.webp

And is the field you are referring to? Because it seems that you can't upload an image bigger than is set here...

Captura de pantalla 2018-03-23 a las 10.27.42.webp

Thanks a lot!

The first field in the Attachments section is the max. file size one... Do i have to set it in zero?
No, set it to a value. If you set it to 0 then users won't be able to upload any attachments.

And is the field you are referring to? Because it seems that you can't upload an image bigger than is set here...
Yes you can. I uploaded a 4032 x 3024 image with my Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions set to 1024 x 1024. It then automatically resized the image to 1024 x 768.

But if I set a value in the first field... will be possible to upload a pic took with an smartphone? They have a lot of Mb. If it resize the pic dimensions, it will resize the file size too?

But if I set a value in the first field... will be possible to upload a pic took with an smartphone? They have a lot of Mb. If it resize the pic dimensions, it will resize the file size too?
I explained this with an example in my first post.

An example of how this affects images - one of mine (4032 x 3024 12.2MP image with a file size of 4.5Mb) was uploaded and it was reduced to 1024 x 768 with a file size of 177.8Kb.

A ha! I understand. So it takes in consideration first the dimension and once is redimensioned for sure will be less than 1024 kbs... that was my doubt. Sorry, my english is quite basic.

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom