1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Uploading Atttachements

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Fiala06, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Fiala06

Fiala06 Member

I have a weird issue when trying to attach files from a different location.

I use godaddy webhosting and everything works great. To get past the web filter at work I connect to a SSH tunnel (server in france) and it allows me to bypass the web filer. I use Firefox with a proxy so I don't have a remote desktop session. I can get to my site, make posts, get into the admin panel ect.

The only issue I have is I cannot upload attachments from it. I get this error:
    [​IMG]

No body else has an issue uploading files and I can confirm connecting to the ssh from home and work gives me the same outcome. I've even reinstalled Firefox after clearing all the data and it didn't make a difference.

Is there some restriction based of the IP in use that's preventing me from uploading? or is just a really weird issue I'm having?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you able to upload attachments here via the same connection method?

3. Fiala06

Fiala06 Member

Just tried and got the same error. Weird

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's likely that Flash (which is making the upload) isn't respecting your proxy settings. Try disabling the Flash uploader.

5. Fiala06

Fiala06 Member

That did it! Aww now I miss the pretty flash uploader. Anyway to fix it?

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's a fundamental Flash issue. I suppose you'd have to use a a proxy configured at a the network adapter level (or a VPN).

7. Fiala06

Fiala06 Member

Ok thanks