1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploader no workie

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Crazyfruitbat, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I moved over to Linode from my shared hosting on the weekend, only one problem with xenforo is my uploader has gone kaput.

With Flash enabled, it goes to the 100% but I can't actually put them in the post and on the non-flash version, it just kicks out this error. Any ideas?

The following error occurred:
    move_uploaded_file(/srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/internal_data/attachments/0/348-672b79822d8430ff22e97405cddd00c4.data): failed to open stream: Permission denied
       1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
       2. move_uploaded_file() in XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php at line 203
       3. XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_moveFile() in XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php at line 183
       4. XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_writeAttachmentFile() in XenForo/DataWriter/AttachmentData.php at line 117
       5. XenForo_DataWriter_AttachmentData->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
       6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Attachment.php at line 280
       7. XenForo_Model_Attachment->insertUploadedAttachmentData() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php at line 195
       8. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionDoUpload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
       9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
      10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/index.php at line 15
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You need to ensure that the internal_data and data directories (and all directories within!) can be written to by the web server:

chmod -R 0777 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/internal_data
    chmod -R 0777 /srv/www/pixelatedphotographer.com/public_html/forums/data

Should do it (untested).
    Crazyfruitbat likes this.
  3. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Hi Mike, thanks for the swift reply - that sorted it! Many thanks!