RM 1.2 Upload Problem (Size?)

KierzT

Hello,

I am trying to upload a rather large file to the resource manager - just over 2 GB. Unfortunately the php.ini system only allows me up to the maximum of 1 GB to be uploaded.

At this stage I have this file uploaded via FTP outside of the forum to website.com/downloads/

Is there a way I can use the resource manager to link directly to this url rather than physically upload the file through the resource manager?

I cannot seem to find this option and I can only see the upload button.

Kind Regards,

Kieran

In an effort to resolve my original problem of the file appearing too big to upload I have made the following changes in .htaccess

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 405 default
ErrorDocument 406 default
ErrorDocument 500 default
ErrorDocument 501 default
ErrorDocument 503 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

# This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
#RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

php_value memory_limit 3000M
php_value post_max_size 10000M
php_value upload_max_filesize 3000M

This still does not allow me to upload the required file.

Having spent some time on this I can confirm the following;

cPanel has been set to allow 5GB upload. (Select PHP Version)
.htaccess has been allowed 5GB upload.
The admin panel section has been increased to allow 5GB upload.

I am still unable to upload the file that is 2GB.

Last edited:
What happens specifically? There are a lot of variables to account for when uploading a file as large as that.

However, you can upload a file whereever you like and then point the resource manager to it by selecting the "external download URL" type and entering the URL to the file.

Hi Mike,

I have attached the error below.

Likewise on checking my websites php/info I can see that 5GB is set to be allowed (file is 2GB).

The error actually appears almost immediately after adding the file (not halfway through upload or anything, its as the upload starts).

Regarding the external download URL I simply cannot find. I can find external support, external information etc

(I am new to XenForo having only used IPB/PHPBB in the past so I am still learning)

Regards,
Kieran

Attachments

• error.webp
    error.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
You may need to disable JavaScript in your browser to test the "fallback" approach and get a more specific error message. (It may potentially be a limitation of Flash; files over 2GB may exceed 32 bit integer sizes so underlying systems may have problems with this.)

The external download URL is a resource type. You need to make sure it's allowed in your category but if so, you just need to choose the type when creating the resource.

Hi Mike,

Disabled flash in my browser and it now states that the upload size can be up to 5GB!

Currently uploading as we speak. I shall report back its success.

Kind Regards & Merry Xmas

Kieran

Unfortunately,

It gets stuck on upload. I left it overnight thinking it may just be slow upload time but around eight to nine hours later; still not completed. I guess it's not uploading.

I have attached a screenshot here.

I have tried with a smaller file which works fine. Size is certainly my issue still.

Any more suggestions guys?

Attachments

• stuck.webp
    stuck.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Right click the attachment button and open it in a new window (with the Flash uploader disabled). That should take you to the "fallback" uploader. Does the upload work there? If not, what happens?

For a file this big though, I'd likely just recommend the external download URL approach mentioned.

Top Bottom