• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Upgrading to wrong version?

Flexin

When I try to install is says "Click the button below to begin the upgrade to 1.1.2."

I downloaded 1.2 and installed the files. Whey would I be getting this?

James

Flexin

On the same page, on the top blue bar it is saying 1.1.2. I was sure I upgraded to 1.1.5. How can I check my version? I know there is a way but in my tired state I can't seem to remember.

James

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It looks like the wrong files were downloaded to me. Re-download 1.2.0 and upload the files again.

Flexin

It looks like the wrong files were downloaded to me. Re-download 1.2.0 and upload the files again.
This is the file that I downloaded. xenforo_1.2.0_<redacted>_upgrade. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm uploading to the wrong area. Could be possible. I know I did that once before when installing something. But I'm not sure.

James

Flexin

Upload the contents of the /upload folder to your installation/forum directory.
I think I had the same issue with another upgrade. More then once I went to upload something (before the update installer) and put things in the wrong spot. Took a few tries to get it right. That made a mess of things. So its not like I can just go in and find the files and upgrade. I seem to have some things in more then one spot. I tried again to install it and I though I got it right this time but I still having the same problem.

James

Flexin

Ok I think I'm getting some where. When I try to upgrade I'm now getting this error.

Server Error
Missing argument 2 for XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass(), called in /home/gearhead/public_html/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php on line 45 and defined

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Application.php at line 364
  2. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 45
  3. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 298
  4. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 309
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gearhead/public_html/install/index.php at line 18

Flexin

Just noticed that it caused my site to be down. Any ideas on what is wrong? I'm hoping to fix it without having to try to restore. I don't want to lose todays posts.

James