1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Upgrading to 1.2.1 - Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Gazhyde, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Gazhyde

Gazhyde Well-Known Member

Just uploaded 1.2.1 to my dev server and run the installer and got an error logged in the Server Error Log.

Any thoughts? Seems to be related to the AddOnInstaller cron job.

Everything seems to be working fine post upgrade...

Server Error Log
    Error Info
    ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_AddOn::getAllUpdateChecks() - library/AddOnInstaller/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:11
    Generated By: GazHyde, A moment ago
    Stack Trace
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
    #1 {main}
    Request State
    array(3) {
      ["url"] => string(62) "http://<dev site domain name>/forum/install/index.php?upgrade/complete"
      ["_GET"] => array(1) {
        ["upgrade/complete"] => string(0) ""
      ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's sort of an issue in our code in that we're running cron entries when event listeners haven't been run, but in this case, the add-on installer cron job should probably check and prevent a fatal error. It could potentially happen for other reasons (though they're contrived).

Alternatively, it can just put methods in its own model.
  3. Gazhyde

Is it safe to clear this error from the log and carry on with life?

Cheers, Gary
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Should be, yeah. Please do check in the future to see if your cron entries are running. This was an area where I specifically made changes because fatal errors such as this could prevent the crons from running.
  5. Gazhyde

I'm assuming that particular cron entry was running OK on my dev site, as it is saying there are a couple of add on updates required.

The last check was "30 minutes ago" which would have been just before I ran the installer.