Upgrading Server

onyxchase

Hi guys,

I have upgraded my server, unfortunately I am getting a bunch of errors on the new server. I have the same modules installed and I did a SQL dump and insert via commandline. I created a support request but it's the weekend and off-hours. :(

Here is the error I am getting:

An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes in /home/xx/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
  2. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
  3. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xx/public_html/forums/index.php at line 13
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks Clickfinity. I tried that already but I can't even get into the Admin let alone the /install/ folder. It asks for my Name & Password then when I hit submit, I get the same error...

That looks like a problem with the data in the xf_data_registry table. Maybe your database backup / restore went bad. Try a different backup if one is available. Or examine your database using phpmyadmin to make sure the structure and data looks OK. I am leaving for a few hours, but I can take a look when I get back if you give me access to your server.

Oh and one quick thing you can try is to delete the required records from xf_data_registry which are:

'options', 'languages', 'contentTypes', 'codeEventListeners', 'cron', 'simpleCache'

Try deleting them one-by-one until the problem goes away. These records should be automatically rebuilt upon the next page load. But make sure you have a backup before doing this. Deleting these records may fix your problem, assuming the problem is isolated to those records.

Thanks. I tried but that didn't work. It's very weird. As soon as I do a SQL restore, the forum works for 1 page load, and then on a reload it just gives me that error.

Actually if I click on "Check All" and "Delete", then I get one page load, then I get the same error again... Urgh. (In the xd_data_registry that is)

Errr... yeah I would like to take a look if you are comfortable giving me access to your server. Back in a couple hours...

Thanks Jake. With Jake's help I was finally able to fix the problem. It was a mixture of Zend Optimizer and upgrading the mysqld. Thanks for your help!

Thanks Jake. With Jake's help I was finally able to fix the problem. It was a mixture of Zend Optimizer and upgrading the mysqld. Thanks for your help!

Can you clarify how you went about solving this? I'm having the same problem after moving to a new server. I'm getting this in debug mode:

An exception occurred: unserialize() [<a href='function.unserialize'>function.unserialize</a>]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes in /home/mlrehab/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php on line 117
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unserialize() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 117
  3. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti() in XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 125
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/mlrehab/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

I should have also mentioned. It wasn't working when I moved to the new server so I had my host install MySQLi and it started working. A few hours later, it was broken again and now I'm stumped.

I had them upgrade MySQL first to 5.1 and now to 5.5 with no luck. Any other suggestions?

This is my current configuration. It is a Liquid Web VPS.

MySQL 5.5
Apache/2.2.22
PHP 5.3.16

I believe Mike is talking about the MySQL client library in PHP, not the MySQL server itself.

I believe Mike is talking about the MySQL client library in PHP, not the MySQL server itself.

Trying to communicate this to the support staff for my hosting company and they responded with this:

I'm not quite sure what they mean by that. As for PHP modules that are related
to mysql there is general mysql support and mysqli (which are both enabled)
but also PDO MySQL is avaliable which is not enabled. Do they have a specific
program/module they want installed/upgraded? Can they give the version number
they are wanting as well?

Do you know which one of those needs the update and what version it should be?

Top Bottom